Shade#224 (S11): Under new management

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN

EXT. TEMPTATIONS CLUB - NIGHT

SHADE MAKES HIS WAY TO THE BACK OF THE CLUB LOOKING FOR AN ENTRANCE INTO THE NIGHT CLUB. THERE ARE SOME SECURITY GUARDS POSTED AT THE BACK DOOR, WITH SMALL TRAFFIC AND A COUPLE MAKING OUT. SHADE SNEAKS INTO THE CLUB BY SCALING UNDER THE DOOR THEN CONTINUES TO LOOK AROUND. WHILE INSIDE, SHADE FINDS PEOPLE DANCING, DRINKING, AND SMOKING AS HE SURVEYS THE CLUB LOOKING FOR ANYTHING SUSPICIOUS. SHADE NOTICES SOME MEN WALKING OUT OF A BACKROOM AND FOLLOWS THEM AS THEY MAKE THEIR WAY TO A LODGE AREA. THE TWO MEN BEGIN TO SMOKE WHILE TALKING AND SHADE LISTENS FROM A VANTAGE POINT.

[4th Outlaw Grunt#1]

So, what's going on with Jévon? With all this mobilizing he's doing, I feel like we might have a war on our hands.

[4th Outlaw Grunt#2]

More like a skirmish. Too many people have been trying to move in on us. We're just going to be reminding them of how everything stands.

[4th Outlaw Grunt#1]

And what about An Deamham? I heard that the Cru Capaill is going to start bucking if they don't get him back.

[4th Outlaw Grunt#2]

They don't have the manpower to do something like that. Not with someone like Shade running around out there. Besides, An Deamham was good with the cops, it was a public secret but he made sure that things were safer for the cops when they went around arresting the competition. The cops don't have that safety now so it's less likely they'll show up if things get dicey. They're gonna have to start fighting like men and their general is MIA.

[4th Outlaw Grunt#1]

Is it true that Jévon is ghosting traitors?

[4th Outlaw Grunt#2]

He is now, but it wasn't him at first.

[4th Outlaw Grunt#1]

What are you talking about?

[4th Outlaw Grunt#2]

Word on the street is that someone else brought it to his attention.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

This seems like it'll be promising information. It might be time for me to cut in.

SHADE JUMPS FROM HIS VANTAGE POINT, KNOCKS ONE OF THE 4TH OUTLAW GRUNTS OUT, AND GRABS THE OTHER. SHADE JUMPS OFF THE LODGE AREA. IN THE AIR, SHADE OPENS A PORTAL WHICH HE AND THE 4TH OUTLAW GRUNT FALL INTO THEN SHADE CLOSES IT BEHIND THEM. ON A BUILDING A FEW BLOCKS AWAY, SHADE REOPENS THE PORTAL AND THE TWO FALL OUT OF IT ONTO THE ROOF. THE 4TH OUTLAW GRUNT BREAKS FREE FROM SHADE AND PUNCHES HIM IN THE FACE.

[Shade]

Ah, mary had a lamb!

SHADE GRABS HIS FACE ANDTHE 4TH OUTLAW GRUNT DRAWS HIS GUN.

[4th Outlaw Grunt#2]

You picked the wrong one tonight. I wonder how much I'll get for your hide?

AS THE 4TH OUTLAW GRUNT STARTS TO SHOOT AT SHADE, HE DODGES THE BULLETS, SINKS ONTO THE ROOF, SCALES BEHIND THE 4TH OUTLAW GRUNT, AND KICKS ONE OF HIS LEGS OUT FROM UNDER HIM. SHADE SNATCHES THE GUN AWAY FROM THE GRUNT, KICKS HIM IN THE BACK, AND THE GRUNT SKIDS FORWARD ACROSS THE ROOF. SHADE THEN WALKS OVER TO THE GRUNT, PICKS HIM UP, AND SLAMS HIM AGAINST A FIRE ESCAPE.

[Shade]

This was supposed to be a civil Q&A but I guess we can't all have what we want.

[4th Outlaw Grunt#2]