Shade#265 (S13): Unexpected opportunity

CUT TO: RIVERDALE

EXT. TOMI'S HOUSE - NIGHT

TOMI WALKS INTO HER HOUSE AND BEGINS TO HER ROOM. HOWEVER, HER MOTHER, WHO IS SITTING IN THE LIVING ROOM TURNS ON A LAMP REVEALING THAT HAS A GLASS OF WINE IN HER HAND.

[Tomi]

Oh, hey mom.

[Tomi's Mother]

So, when were you going to tell me?

[Tomi]

Tell you what?

[Tomi's Mother]

Don't play coy. You know exactly what I'm talking about. Did you really think you could hide this from me forever? Although, I had my suspicions I didn't know that you had taken interest in someone.

[Tomi]

I wasn't hiding it. I was... biding my time and waiting for the right moment. I wanted to wait and tell dad when he came back but I think that's not going to happen for a while.

[Tomi's Mother]

Something's wrong. Your father is never gone for this long and even when he did disappear he would send some kind of message to let me know what was happening. It's been too quiet.

[Tomi]

Mom, I think that someone is after me.

[Tomi's Mother]

How can you be sure?

[Tomi]

There were some strange occurrences in the escape room. There was a girl, she came out of the reflection of a mirror. She didn't attack me but I got the feeling that she had been lying in wait or following me. There was this raven, I could tell it was surveying me. When it realized what was happening it flew away.

[Tomi's Mother]

This isn't good.

[Tomi]

I'm hoping that I don't have to tell you that I can't hide from this.

[Tomi's Mother]

I don't know what would give you that impression. 

[Tomi]

Really? I thought you'd feel that I was ill-prepared.

[Tomi's Mother]

Oh, I do believe that's the case.

[Tomi]

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence.

[Tomi's Mother]

Tomi, if something happened to your father, you'd have to expect that they're an exceptional individual capable of feats that you should be heedful of. Either that or they have a cheap trick that happened to work out in their favor. Either way, I don't want to see you slacking in your responsibilities.

[Tomi]

I won't. I can't afford to.

[Tomi's Mother]

And what about your... friend?

[Tomi]

It's not going to be easy not having answers for him but if he's as cool as I believe him to be, he'll understand for a little while.

[Tomi's Mother]

Good. Be careful.

[Tomi]

I will.