Shade#205 (S10): Obsessive Possession

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN

EXT. DOWNTOWN- NIGHT

SHADE PATROLS AROUND DOWNTOWN AND SEES A COUPLE OF COP CARS SPEEDING THROUGH THE STREETS.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

How could these guys have broken out of prison? Especially Vokex, I remember breaking his neck. If they're smart, they shouldn't be showing their faces around here any time soon. And hopefully, that will give me enough time to figure out what the hell is going on with these new problems.

SHADE ARRIVES WHERE THE COPS HAVE BEEN CALLED TO AND SEES A CENTAUR RAMPAGING IN THE STREETS?

[Shade]

(Thinking)

What the fresh hell am I looking at right now? First, a manticore and now this. Where are these things coming from?

THE CENTAUR USES A CAR TO BLOCK BULLETS BEING SHOT AT IT AND THEN THROWS THE CAR AT THE COPS. SHADE JUMPS DOWN AND CATCHES THE CAR BEFORE IT CRUSHES SOME COPS THEN TURNS TO THE CENTAUR.

[Shade]

Hey, you horse's ass! You could have killed someone. I'm gonna have to ask you to find a stable and calm down before I have to hurt you!

[Centaur]

... You, a creature of the shadows, you associate yourself these humans? You should know that some humans were harassing me before these humans showed up and attacked me after I wouldn't comply with their demands. They're very entitled for beings so weak.

SHADE LOOKS BACK AT THE COPS.

[Shade]

Hey, give me the short version, please?

[Cops]

We got a call that he attacked some people. When we arrived here he said that some people had been harassing him and it was out of self-defense.

[Shade]

Alright, thanks.

SHADE TURNS BACK TO THE CENTAUR.

[Shade]

Okay, I feel like I could understand where you're coming from but I also feel like a little context is in order. You're about 8 feet tall with the body of a horse. And I don't deny that were some jerks screwing with you. However, I have to admit that I have some questions that I would like to ask you. Why don't we just talk things out?

[Centuar]

I have nothing to say that what I already have. Since I've arrived here, I've met nothing but hostility from these humans. I want nothing to do with any of you.

[Shade]

Look, you can talk so I know you're capable of a reasonable thought process. And despite what I said about you being, figuratively and literally having the ass of a horse, I feel like we can move past this and come to an agreement.

[Centuar]

I am leaving. If you attempt to stop me, you will be harmed.

SHADE JUMPS TO WHERE THE CENTAUR IS AND THE TWO SQUARE UP.

[Shade]

You're not going anywhere until I get some answers.

THE CENTAUR TRIES TO SWAT SHADE AWAY AND HE DODGES THE ATTACK. SHADE THEN PUNCHES THE CENTAUR IN THE GUT AND DELIVERS A LEFT HOOK. THE CENTAUR GROWLS IN ANGER AND BRUSHES OFF THE ATTACKS. THE CENTAUR THEN PUNCHES SHADE BACK THROUGH THE AIR WHERE HE SLAMS INTO THE SIDE OF A CAR.