Shade#211 (S10): Dazed

CUT TO: CABAL'S H.Q.

INT. MEETING ROOM- LATE MORNING

DESMOD THROWS DOWN THE MORNING PAPER THAT SHOWS THE CENTRE WRECKAGE AND HAS A STORY DETAILING IT.

[Ferric]

There's a perfectly good explanation for this.

[Desmod]

Good, I would like to hear it. You were supposed to be clandestine. Now Shade and the authorities are tipped off about you.

[Ferric]

Your information was faulty. Fray followed the instructions to the letter and the alarms still went off. Seems that they had a backup alarm system.

[Desmod]

Bullshit. We've kept that information up to date as regularly as we possibly could.

[Fray]

They must have just done it. Got you while you weren't looking.

[Jaunte]

I don't see what the big deal is. You've got what you wanted and you can provide cover for us.

[Desmod]

You seem to be forgetting that you're a group of thieves. Imagining what that could do to my image isn't something that I like to consider.

[Bolo]

We're a group of thieves that you hired.

[Desmod]

Exactly my point, thieves! Nothing else!

DESMOD SCOFFS AND RUBS HIS EYES.

[Ferric]

Look, that may be true but there was no way Shade was just going to let us walk out of there. We did what we had to. And we put quite the beatdown on him. He's definitely going to be feeling it for a while. You've got to give us some credit for that at least.

[Desmod]

.... Look, from now on, just do the job that I paid you for. No excuses. Can you do that?

[Ferric]

... Well, we are getting paid for it. We'll do what we can.

DESMOD SCOFFS AND LEAVES THE ROOM.

[Jaunte]

Well, that could have gone better.

[Ferric]

Shut up, Jaunte!

CUT TO: GREEN VALLEY

EXT. DRAY'S ROOM- EARLY AFTERNOON

DRAY'S ALARM BLARES AND RINGS THROUGH HIS EARS IN A SHRIEKING FASHION. DRAY TURNS IT OFF AS FAST AS HE CAN AND REMEMBERS THAT HE HAS TO WORK. DRAY ROLLS OUT OF BED AND ONTO THE FLOOR.

[Dray]

(Thinking)

Thank God in heaven that I always set my alarm for two hours in advance. I really hope that work won't be too hard today.

GROANING AND COUGHING DRAY GETS TO HIS FEET, GETS DRESSED, AND LEAVES THE ROOM.

CUT TO: LIBRARY

EXT. DRIVE-THRU WINDOW- AFTERNOON

DRAY GETS SOME BOOKS OFF THE HOLDS SHELF, PRINTS A DUE SLIP, AND GRABS A BAG. DRAY PLACES THE DUE SLIP INTO ONE OF THE BOOKS AND PUTS THE BOOKS INTO THE BAG. DRAY THEN SENDS THE BOOKS THROUGH THE OUTBOX TO A MOM WHO TAKES THE BOOKS OUT AND WAVES. DRAY WAVES BACK AS SHE DRIVES AWAY AND CLOSES THE OUTBOX. AFTER THAT A HOMELESS MAN WALKS UP TO THE WINDOW AND DRAY TURNS ON THE MICROPHONE.