Shade#232 (S11): Order

CUT TO: RIVER MARKET ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT

INT. MAIN LIBRARY- AFTERNOON

WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC DRAY SHELVES AN ENTIRE CART OF BOOKS AND THEN WALKS WHEELS THE CART BACK INTO THE MAIN OFFICE. DRAY THEN GETS MORE BOOKS THAT NEED TO BE SHELVED, ORGANIZES THEM, AND STARTS BACK INTO THE STACKS. DRAY REPEATS THE PROCESS A COUPLE OF MORE TIMES BEFORE HE'S STOPPED BY HIS BOSS.

Use some dialogue from actual work experience.

DRAY BEGINS TO GET A PHONE CALL.

[Adriana]

You can take that if you need to.

[Dray]

Thanks.

[Adriana]

Hey, you work hard. What's a little phone call?

ADRIANA WALKS BACK TO HER OFFICE AND DRAY ANSWERS THE PHONE.

[Dray]

Hello?

[Toria]

(Over the phone)

Is this a bad time?

[Dray]

No, go ahead.

[Toria]

(Over the phone)

I just wanted to let you know as a head's up, things are kicking into high gear around here. Elder's not playing around. He wants you dead or alive, but from what I've seen if he could take you alive it'd probably bring him some sick pleasure. He threatened to charge the girl the 4th Outlaws were after with accessory after the fact because she didn't phone the police about the man Modus killed.

[Dray]

Give me a second.

DRAY GOES TO ONE OF THE RESTROOMS IN THE LIBRARY AND LOCKS THE DOOR.

[Dray]

Do you think this guy could be a Briggs copycat?

[Toria]

(Over the phone)

I'm not sure but I wouldn't go that far. I would like to give Elder the benefit of the doubt but he's not giving any ground on anything he can put up a fight about. Whatever you're planning on doing, you need to do it fast.

[Dray]

The police can't take Modus. I've seen that first hand. If I want this madness to end then I'm gonna have to end it.

[Toria]

(Over the phone)

It's looking that way.

[Dray]

I just need Elder and anyone else to stay out of the way. Fighting Modus and trying to look out for them is a lot more than I want to put up with.

[Toria]

(Over the phone)

He's not like Reed. I doubt that I could talk any sense into him.

[Dray]

It's going to be okay. Thanks for the head's up.

[Toria]

You're welcome. 

DRAY HANGS UP THE PHONE, LEAVES THE RESTROOM, AND CONTINUES WORKING.

CUT TO: SOUTHWEST DISTRICT