Shade#299 (S14): Conceal

CUT TO: NORTH CENTRAL DISTRICT

INT. LOLA WOODMANSEE'S APARTMENT - NIGHT

TORIA, MICAELA, AND SILVIA INVESTIGATE LOLA'S APARTMENT.

[Micaela]

When I called in what happened to Elder he wanted things kept way under the radar. Silvia tell me you saw the bite marks on Lola's neck so I know I'm not the only one.

[Silvia]

Yes, I saw them. We can't chop it up to what you're thinking about though. This could just be some lunatic playing out a sick twisted fantasy.

[Toria]

Of all the crazy things we've heard about, vampires haven't been one we've heard about.

[Micaela]

There wasn't any forced entry and there weren't any signs of sexual assault. Nothing was out of place either, meaning either the attacker was meticulous or really did just attack her and then left. If this was some creep who believes he was a vampire he's doing a good job so far.

[Toria]

The attacker must have been strong too. There are no other signs of a struggle other than Lola's blood which means during the entire attack he kept her localized to this area.

[Silvia]

They might not have been as careful as they thought. I've got a footprint over here.

SILVIA SETS UP A CONE AND TAKES PICTURE OF THE SHOE PRINT.

[Toria]

So, how fashionable is this vampire?

[Silvia]

He was comfortable. This is just a generic tennis sneaker. I can tell by the size of the shoe that it was definitely a guy though.

[Toria]

Do we know who made the call?

[Micaela]

The call was made from Lola's cellphone. Whoever this was wanted us to know.

THERE IS A COMMOTION OUTSIDE AND TORIA GOES TO INSPECT WHAT'S GOING ON.

[Middle-Aged Woman#1]

Please you have to let me through. My daughter was attacked!

[Police Officer#1]

Ma'am, you don't understand. Your daughter was already rushed to the hospital! She's not in there.

[Toria]

You're Lola Woodmansee's mother?

[Middle-Aged Woman#1]

Yes, please! She called me! What happened to her?

[Toria]

Ma'am, I know you're upset but please try to calm down. We know that she was attacked and we're trying to identify the attacker. She was transferred to the hospital and she's doing as well as she can be. She will pull through.

THE MIDDLE-AGED WOMAN'S PHONE BEGINS TO RING AND SHE STEPS AWAY.

[Middle-Aged Woman#1]

I'm sorry. I have to take this.

MRS. WOODMANSEE STEPS AWAY TO ANSWER THE PHONE CALL.

[Mrs. Woodmansee]

(Faintly)

Hello? Yes, unfortunately, I'm not doing alright right now.

TORIA GOES BACK INTO LOLA'S APARTMENT.

[Micaela]