Shade#282 (S14): Dispositions

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

EXT DOWNTOWN - NIGHT

SHADE FIGHTS OFF THE GROUP OF THUGS AND THEN APPROACHES KELFORD.

[Shade]

What's going on here?

[Kelford]

Look, this is going to sound crazy but that's my car.

[Shade]

Can you prove it?

[Kelford]

Yeah.

KELFORD USES HIS KEY FOB TO UNLOCK THE CAR DOORS.

[Shade]

Okay, let's just go on a ledge here and say that you're telling me the truth.

[Kelford]

I am telling you the truth!

A SQUAD CAR ARRIVES ON THE SCENE. THE OFFICERS APPROACH SHADE AND KELFORD IN A HAUGHTY FASHION.

[Police Officer#1]

What seems to be the issue here boys?

[Kelford]

That's my car! I've got the keys to prove it and I'm sure unless they screwed with the VIN number I've got the paperwork at home to prove it too.

[Police Officer#2]

That may be true but unfortunately, we can't just let you drive off with it.

[Kelford]

What? Why not? What the hell are you guys talking about?

[Police Officer#2]

It's because we're here about a call reporting an assault.

A BLONDE GIRL AND HER FRIENDS COME OUT OF THE BAR THAT THUG#1 WAS IN AND APPROACH THE POLICE.

[Blonde Female#1]

Officer, that's him! He tried to steal my boyfriend's car and assaulted him!

[Kelford]

What?! That's not true! 

[Shade]

Yeah, it's not. I saw the whole thing.

[Blonde Female#1]

You can't listen to them! Look at poor Johnny! He looks like he got hit by a truck and that asshole is who's responsible.

[Police Officer#1]

Alright, just quiet down. Listen, kid, we can pull the tapes and figure out what happened but we can't just let you walk away.

[Kelford]

What?!

[Police Officer#2]

You attacked that man—!

[Kelford]

Yeah, after he attacked me! I was trying to call the police and he tried to take my phone away!

[Police Officer#1]

Listen you're not under arrest. We're just detaining you so that we can figure out what's going on.

KELFORD LOOKS TO SHADE AND SHADE SIGHS.

[Shade]

Listen, we both know that most of the cops are full of shit—!

[Police Officer#2]

Hey, watch it!

[Shade]

Piss off, first amendment! Listen, bud, just go with them and tell your side of the story.