Shade#251 (S12): Canker

CUT TO: MIDTOWN DISTRICT, GREEN VALLEY

EXT. FOOD COURT - NIGHT

AS MIKEY, CONNOR, BLAKE, AND PETER ARE SITTING IN THE MELTING POT FOOD COURT THEY ARE SUDDENLY GREETED BY DRAY WHO SITS AT THEIR TABLE. THERE IS AN ERUPTION AS THE GROUP IS ELATED TO SEE HIM. 

[Mikey]

Whoa! Dray, bro how have you been?

[Dray]

I'm good all things considered.

[Blake]

What brings you all the way out here?

[Dray]

I'm looking into something and I wanted to see if you guys knew anything about it. There's a moth monster that attacked Granite Bay looking for me. Have you guys seen anything, heard anything? 

[Connor]

Nope, nothing crazy has been happening around here. And in the event that something did you'd be the first to know believe me. 

[Dray]

Good, I hope it stays that way.

[Mikey]

Do you think it's those guys who attacked the city a while back?

[Dray]

That's what I'm thinking. Hey, has anything weird happened since we went to see the Dover Lights?

[Blake]

Not anything that I can recall. We still have that lantern you found.

[Dray]

I think that it's a good thing that things are otherwise quiet around here but I have a feeling that there might be more that I'm missing.

[Connor]

Like what?

[Dray]

Well, turning the table upside down can be fun for the hell of it. Who knows, you might have more teachers screwing students or maybe there's some artifact that might bring back a dead guy who wants to take over the world. Who knows.

[Peter]

There have been some rumors about some pretty shady incidents that the school has been trying to cover up because it'll lead to some bad press.

DRAY TAKES OUT A SMALL NOTEBOOK AND A PEN.

[Dray]

I'm all ears.

CUT TO: THE NEXT DAY

INT. ANGELWOOD HIGH SCHOOL - AFTERNOON

IN BETWEEN CLASSES DRAY GOES TO HIS LOCKER AND GETS OUT SOME BOOKS. DRAY HEARS SOME RABBLE IN CROWD OF STUDENTS BEHIND HIMSELF AND LOOKS OUT THE WINDOW TO SEE THE MOTH MONSTER FLYING TOWARDS THE SCHOOL. DRAY STARTS AWAY BUT RUNS INTO ANTOINETTE.

[Antoinette]

What's going on?

[Dray]

You need to get out of here.

SUDDENLY THE MOTH MONSTER SMASHES THROUGH THE WINDOW, SMASHING INTO A WALL THEN STANDS UPRIGHT TO ROAR. DISSARY FILLS THE HALL AS ALL THE STUDENTS BEGIN TO DESPERATELY ABSCOND THE HALLWAY TO GET AWAY FROM THE MONSTER. ONE OF THE STUDENTS SLAMS INTO ANTOINETTE KNOCKING HER OVER AND DRAY HELPS HER TO HER FEET.

[Dray]

Get outta here!

SUDDENLY SHADE IS GRABBED BY HIS BACKPACK AND LIFTED INTO THE AIR.