Shade#252 (S12): Inculpated

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

EXT. DOWNTOWN DISTRICT - NIGHT

WHILE PATROLLING DOWNTOWN SHADE STARTS TO GET A PHONE CALL. SHADE SEES THAT IT'S ANTOINETTE AND ANSWERS IT.

[Shade]

Hello?

[Antoinette]

(Over the phone)

Are you out galavanting across the city?

[Shade]

I wouldn't say that I was having that much fun but I am out.

[Antoinette]

(Over the phone)

You're looking for that bug creature I'm guessing?

[Shade]

Yeah, if I don't end things tonight they're gonna get a lot worse. I can just feel it.

[Antoinette]

(Over the phone)

How are you going to do that?

[Shade]

Maybe it's attracted to huge light sources. It is a bug after all.

[Antoinette]

(Over the phone)

It's gotta be smarter than that right? If it was tracking you then it has to be.

[Shade]

I guess I have to give it that much credit.

[Antoinette]

(Over the phone)

With all the people you've fought, I'd think you'd be the last person to underestimate someone.

[Shade]

We're talking about a moth monster that can barely speak. I'm allotted a little trivialization, right?

[Antoinette]

(Over the phone)

Hey, I've seen a lot of videos of people getting attacked by animals because they thought they were a lot smarter than them. Just be careful out there.

SHADE SEES THE CANKER LAND ON THE ROOF OF A BUILDING.

[Shade]

Well, look at who it is! Antoinette I'm gonna have to call you back.

SHADE HANGS UP THE PHONE THEN MAKES HIS WAY OVER TO WHERE CANKER IS ATTEMPTING TO SNEAK UP ON IT. HOWEVER, AS SHADE GETS CLOSER HE NOTICES THAT CANKER'S ANTENNA BEGIN TO MOVE AND IT TURNS AROUND TO FACE HIM. THE CANKER ROARS AS IT SEES SHADE RUSHES AT HIM. AS CANKER ATTEMPTS TO ATTACK SHADE, SHADE SIDESTEPS IT'S ATTACK AND PUNCHES IT BACK ACROSS THE ROOF. AS CANKER SLAMS INTO AIR CONDITIONING UNIT, SHADE RUNS AT CANKER CREATING A CHAIN. SHADE JUMPS OVER CANKER, TRAILING THE CHAIN IN A LOOP FASHION BEHIND HIMSELF WHICH WRAPS AROUND THE NECK OF CANKER. SHADE THEN PULLS CANKER OVER THE AIR CONDITIONER AND WHILE IT'S ON THE GROUND PUNCHES IT IN THE SIDE OF THE HEAD. CANKER ATTEMPTS TO TRY AND HIT SHADE BUT SHADE CATCHES CANKER'S ARM AND PUTS HIM IN A HOLD.

[Shade]

At the school, you said that Noman sent you after me. Who is he?

CANKER ROARS IN ANGER.

[Shade]

Talk! I know you can, you did back at the school. I want to know who Noman is!

CANKER GETS THE STRENGTH TO PULL SHADE DOWN TO THE ROOF MAKING HIM HIT HIS HEAD THEN KICKS HIM OFF THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING. AS SHADE FALLS DOWN THROUGH THE AIR, HE CREATES A TOMAHAWK AND CLEAVES IT INTO THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING TO SLOW HIS FALL. SHADE THEN LOOKS UP TO SEE THAT CANKER IS DESCENDING DOWN THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING AND SINKS ONTO IT. CANKER LOOKS AROUND CONFUSED AS TO WHERE SHADE WENT AND THEN IS KICKED OFF THE WALL WHEN SHADE JUMPS OFF IT UNDER CANKER SENDING HIM FLYING INTO THE BUILDING ACROSS FROM THEM. SHADE JUMPS OFF THE BUILDING HE'S ON, OVER TO CANKER AND PUNCHES IT IN THE FACE SENDING IT HURDILING DOWN TO THE GROUND BELOW. HOWEVER, CANKER RECOVERS MIDFLIGHT AND BEGINS TO FLY AWAY.