Shade#269 (S13): Walk away

CUT TO: WEST BEDROCK DISTRICT

EXT. ANGELWOOD - AFTERNOON

DRAY AND ANTOINETTE LEAVE SCHOOL TOGETHER.

[Dray]

Hey, thanks for checking on Tomi for me.

[Antoinette]

No problem. It was nice to get to hang out with her again.

[Dray]

You sure you don't want me to make it up to you?

[Antoinette]

I'll have to get back to you on that one. Something will come up.

[Dray]

So did anything seem out of the ordinary?

[Antoinette]

No, outside of a moment when she seemed like she saw a ghost nothing was really different. It was like she wasn't even going through anything. She's also having assignments sent home from the last block which is why she's able to miss class. Apparently, she has friends in high place because she's not even getting marked as absent. At least, that's what she told me.

[Dray]

That's... weird.

[Antoinette]

I'm telling you she's probably fine. She just needs some space and when she's ready to tell you what's going on, she will.

[Dray]

I hope so. You're right though.

[Antoinette]

You just need a way to keep yourself busy. How are those extracurricular activities going?

[Dray]

I got a hit the other night. I just have to follow through with it and hope that something comes up.

[Antoinette]

Well, spill the beans.

[Dray]

Okay, so apparently there's this girl that's gone missing Celeste Tilley. Her mom's boyfriend is a royal pain in the ass and they got into it before she ran off. He was attacked by some kind of monster but they don't know if that monster got Celeste and it's the same monster that went after that girl a couple of nights ago.

[Antoinette]

So this monster, he's with a group and they're most likely adopting these girls. What for is the issue.

[Dray]

What for indeed.

[Antoinette]

You seem like you have so much fun out there.

[Dray]

Did you forget that I almost died a month ago?

[Antoinette]

Well, you know, besides that.

[Dray]

Anyway, I'm probably gonna check it out later tonight. I've got homework to do.

[Atnoinette]

Hey, I know how you can pay me back. I've got some social studies projects that are really kicking my butt that you can help me with.

[Dray]

Sounds like a deal. Um, you'll have to come up to the library though.

[Antoinette]