Shade#226 (S11): The Law

CUT TO: TEMPTATIONS

EXT. NIGHT CLUB -NIGHT

IN THE BACKROOM JÉVON SITS WITH SOME WOMEN, DRINKING, SMOKING, AND JAMMING TO THE MUSIC WHEN SOUNDS OF FAINT SCREAMING AND DESTRUCTION CAN BE HEARD.

[Jévon]

What the hell was that? One of y'all go and check it out.

AS ONE OF THE GOONS STARTS OUT, OF THE BACKROOM, THE CHAOS GETS CLOSER AND CLOSER UNTIL A GOON IS THROWN THROUGH THE DOOR KNOCKING IT OFF THE HENGES. EVERY GOON IN THE ROOM DRAWS THEIR GUNS AND POINTS IT AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE DOORWAY. SHADE FROM AN UNKNOWN AREA OUTSIDE THE ROOM SHOOTS SANDCLOTS AT THE LIGHTS MAKING THE ROOM GO DARK. SHADE THEN RUNS INTO THE ROOM, TAKES OUT ALL THE BODYGUARD WALKS OVER TO JÉVON, TAKES OUT HIS PHONE TO USE AS A FLASHLIGHT, AND SHINES IT IN HIS FACE.

[Shade]

Alright, Thing 1 & 2, leg it.

THE WOMEN LOOK AT EACH OTHER.

[Shade]

Yes, you two, get out!

THE TWO WOMEN LEAVE MURMURING UNDER THEIR BREATH AND SHADE KEEPS HIS EYES ON JÉVON.  JÉVON MAKES SOME SUBTLE MOVEMENTS AND SHADE SCOFFS.

[Shade]

If you try it, I'm gonna break your hand.

[Jévon]

What do you want?

[Shade]

I want to know where I can find Modus.

[Jévon]

I don't know.

[Shade]

Do not lie to me!

[Jévon]

I seriously don't know. I don't keep a leash on him. As a matter of fact, he just showed up here not too long ago with some bastard's arm and going on about how he was gonna kill you.

[Shade]

And you're still working with him?

[Jévon]

He's done me a favor all things considered. 

[Shade]

You're gonna cut ties with him.

[Jévon]

That's a lot easier said than done, I'm afraid. You metahuman types are very difficult to kill even more so to work with.

[Shade]

I'm sure with all the people under you, you could find someplace to hold out.

[Jévon]

Just who the hell do you think you are? You think you can just walk in here and—

SHADE GRABS  JÉVON BY THE COLLAR OF HIS SHIRT.

[Shade]

I'm the guy who's gonna make you wish you had just done what I said.

JÉVON GRABS THE GUN, POINTS IT AT SHADE AND JUST BEFORE HE CAN PULL THE TRIGGER SHADE GRABS HIS WRIST AND TWISTS IT BREAKING JÉVON'S WRIST AND MAKING HIM DROP THE GUN.

[Shade]

I warned you.

[Jévon]

Argh... I hope he does it. I hope that son of a bitch kills you!

[Shade]

I hope you didn't bet on it.

SHADE LEAVES THE CLUB AND CONTINUES TO PATROL AROUND THE CITY.