Shade#257 (S12): Reach

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

EXT. ABANDONED DRY CLEANERS - NIGHT

A FIREFIGHT ENSUES BETWEEN SOME LAKESIDE CREW MEMBERS AND SOME OF NOMAN'S PEOPLE. SHADE WHO'S WATCHING THE EVENTS UNFOLD FROM A ROOFTOP LOOKS FOR HIS ENTRY POINT.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

If any cops try and get in the middle of that they're going to get shredded. Hell, I don't even know why I'm worried about that possibility when I'm facing the same fate. I'll obviously have to take out the wannabe cops then move inside and see what's going on. Even these nutjobs know enough to pick a decent fight. I've gotta see what's going on.

SHADE SCALES SINKS ONTO THE ROOF OF THE BUILDING HE'S ON, SCALES THE TERRAIN OVER TO WHERE THE LAST GROUP OF EX-COPS ARE AND STANDS UP BEHIND THEM. SHADE JUMPS UP KICKING THE COP TO HIS RIGHT IN THE FACE WHICH CAUSES HIM TO FALL HITTING HIS HEAD ON THE SIDE OF THE CAR THEN LANDING ON THE GROUND. SHADE THEN SNATCHES THE GUN AWAY FROM THE GUY BEHIND HIM, HITS HIM IN THE FACE WITH IT, AND THROWS HIM TO THE GROUND.

[Shade]

What's going on? What are you after.

[Ex-Cop#1]

You can go—!

SHADE GRABS THE EX-COP'S FINGER AND THREATENS TO BREAK IT.

[Shade]

Tell me what I want to know, now!

[Ex-Cop#1]

Some Lakeside Crew punks have been using that abandoned dry cleaning shop to pedal drugs and women in and out of it for weeks on end now. We got wind of it and even told the cops but they wanted to take a more diplomatic approach because the building was in a highly-populated area! They just didn't want to take the risk, so we did!

[Shade]

Well, you can take a rest. I can take it from here!

SHADE PUNCHES THE EX-COP IN THE FACE THEN BEGINS MOVING AROUND TO BEGIN TAKING OUT THE REST OF THE EX-COPS SO THAT HE CAN SNEAK INTO THE BUILDING. SHADE JUMPS OVER A CAR, KICKS ONE OF THE EX-COPS IN THE BACK CAUSING HIM TO HIT HIS HEAD ON THE HOOD AND HE FALLS OVER. SHADE THEN SHOOTS SAND CLOTS AT TWO OTHER EX-COPS AND KICKS ONE OF THEIR TRUCKS OVER TO THE ENTRANCE OF THE DRY CLEANING BUILDING. SHADE THEN LOOKS AT THE REMAINING EX-COPS COUNTING SIX IN HIS HEAD.

[Ex-Cop#3]

He's protecting those low-lives!

[Shade]

Nah, I'm going to deal with them but I have to deal with you first. You should give up now!

[Ex-Cop#4]

We don't take orders from you!

[Shade]

Fine, then it's your trip to the hospital.

[Ex-Cop#5]

Waste him!

SHADE SINKS ONTO THE GROUND TO DODGE THE BULLETS THAT ARE SENT HIS WAY. SHADE GETS CLOSE TO A CAR, JUMPS UP KICKING IT FORWARD, AND THE CAR SLAMS INTO AN EX-COP. SHADE THEN SHOOTS TWO SANDCLOTS AT TWO OF THE EX-COPS, SLIDES UNDER THE CAR, AND PUNCHES THE COP IN THE FACE THAT HE HIT WITH TH CAR. SHADE RIPS OFF ONE OF THE WHEELS FROM THE CAR AND CHUCKS IT AT A COP HITTING HIM IN THE CHEST, THEN JUMPS OVER THE CAR AGAIN TO KICK AN EX-COP IN THE THROAT. SHADE FLASH STEPS OUT OF THE WAY OF A COP'S SHOOTING PATH, GRABS HIM AND THROWS HIM HEAD FIRST INTO THE SIDE OF THE CAR. SHADE SEES AN EX-COP COMING AROUND THE SOUTH END OF THE CAR SO HE OPENS THE REAR DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR AND SINKS ONTO THE GROUND. SCALING BEHIND THE EX-COP, SHADE GETS THE EX-COP'S GUN ARM INTO THE CAR, SLAMS THE DOOR ON IT AND THE COP BEGINS TO SHOOT THROUGH THE CAR HITTING ONE OTHER EX-COP ON THE OTHER SIDE. SHADE THEN RIPS OFF THE DOOR AND HITS THE EX-COP OVER THE BACK WITH IT. SHADE THEN THROWS THE CAR OUT OF THE WAY, THROWS THE DOOR AT THE LAST EX-COP DISORIENTING HIM AND SINKS ONTO THE GROUND. AS THE EX-COP LOOKS AROUND AND BACKS AWAY TO LOCATE WHERE SHADE MIGHT BE HE SUDDENLY BUMP INTO SHADE WHO SNATCHES HIS GUN AND BREAKS IT IN HALF. THE EX-COP PUNCHES SHADE IN THE FACE CAUSING SHADE TO STAGGER BACK AND WHEN SHADE LOOKS AT HIM WITH AN ANGRY FACE THE COP PUTS HIS HANDS OUT IN AN DEFENSIVE MANNER.