Shade#210 (S10): Overload

SHADE ARRIVES BACK IN HIS ROOM AND POWERS DOWN OUT OF HIS SHADOW SUIT. DRAY THEN CALLS MIKEY.

[Mikey]

(Over the phone)

Hello?

[Dray]

Hey, I found the painting. Can anybody restore it?

[Mikey]

(Over the phone)

Abbie said that she could do it. We're at Elijah's room.

[Dray]

Okay, thanks. I'll be right there.

DRAY POWERS BACK INTO HIS SHADOW SUIT AND OPENS A PORTAL TO ELIJAH'S ROOM. SHADE PICKS UP THE PORTRAIT AND PLACES IT ONTO ELIJAH'S BED. EVERYONE LOOKS AT THE PORTRAIT AND A FEELING OF UNEASE COMES ACROSS ALL OF THEM.

[Elijah]

I have to say it's a lot creepier up close.

[Mikey]

Is this the haunted object?

[Dray]

That is a really good question. I'll have to ask the Leviathans about it.

[Abigail]

The who?

[Dray]

They're a magic superhero team. Okay, Abbie, take it away.

[Abigail]

I just want to let you know, I don't perform spells often. I could be out of practice.

[Dray]

It's cool, just do the best that you can.

ABIGAIL TAKES A DEEP AND PUTS ONE HAND ON THE PORTRAIT.

[Abigail]

Ruphauor.

THE PORTRAIT BEGINS TO REPAIR ITSELF AND WHEN IT'S DONE THE MISSING FACE REVEALS TAMI.

[Dray]

Wait, hold on. What?

[Elijah]

That's Tami, right?

[Dray]

This isn't making any sense. Abbie, no offense but when you said you were out of practice, how out of practice did you mean?

[Abigail]

Well, not enough to do that I'm sure. I'm certain that I did everything right.

[Mikey]

Okay, let's assume that Abbie did the spell right. If so, then who are the ghost and Tami to each other? The ghost really doesn't like Tami right? This means that they have some kind of history together. The only question left is what exactly that past is.

[Dray]

This might have actually been the best thing that could have ever happened.

[Elijah]

What do you mean?

[Dray]

If this is the haunted object, maybe Cane and the ghost didn't know about it. And even if they did, they didn't have it in their possession. Whatever the circumstances, I've got a bargaining chip. If I sprinkle this in salt and set it ablaze then Cane's ghost is out of the picture.

DRAY PICKS UP THE PORTRAIT AND POWERS INTO HIS SHADOW SUIT.

[Shade]

I'm going to go check and see if this is the haunted object.