Shade#263 (S13): Ralliance

CUT TO: CASTLE GARDEN GROTTO

EXT. CASTLE GARDEN GROTTO - NIGHT

A WOMAN APPEARS AS A GROUP OF SPIDERS ALL CULMINATE TOGETHER IN A GROTTO. THE WOMAN THEN WALKS OVER TO A STONE WHERE A MAN SEEMS TO BE STUCK IN SUSPENDED ANIMATION WITHIN THE STONE. THE WOMAN CARESSES THE FACE OF THE MAN THEN TURNS TO A RAVEN AND A CARACAL THAT BOTH JOIN HER IN THE GROTTO.

[Unknown Woman]

Ah, Starless, Dolor. It's nice to see you two again.

[Starless]

We've been restlessly awaiting your return, Madam. Of course, we've been sure to keep the humans away from your newly acquired castle.

[Dolor]

This is the man you were searching for?

[Unknown Woman]

He's much more than a mere man. He's the individual that will change everything. All that's needed is a little motivation to get the parts moving and everything will play out as it should.

[Starless]

Are you sure that you've left things open-ended enough? There has to be a good trail to pick up on.

[Unknown Woman]

I don't plan on lowering my standards any further but to ensure that even a fool could accomplish this, there are a bounteous diversity of wayward youths that could be used at my disposal.

[Starless]

This is going to be so much fun!

[Unknown Woman]

Starless, don't get too ahead of yourself.

[Starless]

Yes, ma'am.

[Unknown Woman]

As for right now, Starless, you're on surveying duty.

[Starless]

Understood.

[Unknown Woman]

Dolor, you keep the area secure.

[Dolor]

Yes, madam.

[Starless]

(Mocking Dolor)

Yesh, mad'm.

DOLOR GROWLS AT STARLESS WHO FLIES AWAY. DOLOR THEN BEGINS TO PATROL THE GROUNDS. THE WOMAN THEN WALKS OVER TO THE STONE.

[Unknown Woman]

I don't know if you can hear me but I want you to know that this is for your own good. Time will heal all of the mistakes of the past.

THE WOMAN WALKS AWAY FROM THE STONE, OPENS A PORTAL THEN DISAPPEARS INTO IT.

CUT TO: THE NEXT DAY, DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

EXT. COFFEE SHOP - AFTERNOON

DRAY AND ANTOINETTE WALK INTO JUNCTION COFFEE AND STAND IN LINE.

[Antoinette]

This place is kinda has a hipster aesthetic.

[Dray]

What? You don't like it?

[Antoinette]

I didn't say that I didn't like it. It seems pretty chill. When did you find this place?

[Dray]

I came down here once after I got off of work on a whim. Are we staying for a bit?

[Antoinette]