Shade#248 (S12): Burring the lead

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT 

EXT. DOWNTOWN - NIGHT

SHADE CHASES DOWN ??? WHO FREERUNS UP THE SIDE OF A BUILDING TO GET TO THE ROOF. SHADE SCALES THE BUILDING THAT ??? IS ON AND GETS TO THE ROOF AS ??? DOES. SHADE TACKLES ??? TO THE GROUND, GRABS ONE OF HIS ARMS, AND PUTS HIS KNEE INTO THE MAN'S BACK.

[???]

Ooh, you've got me right where you want me, don't you?

[Shade]

Hey, don't talk to me like that. Who are you and what do you want with Liliana?

[???]

You're on a first-name basis with her. *Gasp!* Don't tell me that the two of you are an item?! Oh, the scandal!

[Shade]

What? No, are you out of your mind? You were trying to break into her office.

[???]

How did you know that I was trying to break into her office... unless you were trying to break in too but I just beat you to the punch and now you don't want any competition! Is that it?

[Shade]

You're starting to irk me!

[???]

Oh come on now, you can't be serious all the time. You need to learn to be more... limber!

??? ROTATES HIS ARM IN A CLOCKWISE FASHION THAT SHOULD HAVE BROKEN IT.

[Shade]

What the—?

??? THEN ELBOWS SHADE IN THE FACE AND BREAKS FREE OF THE HOLD.

[???]

I'm free!!!

[Shade]

Son of a—!

[???]

Hey, don't tell me you've got a potty mouth! Am I gonna have to get a bar of soap?

SHADE WIPES SOME BLOOD FROM HIS NOSE.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

Who the hell is this guy and how did he get out of that hold? It should have broken his arm.

[???]

Look, I've heard about you. I know that you're a goodie two shoes and all but I have a job to do and if you get in my way, you're going to regret it. Let's just agree to steer clear of each other, shall we?

[Shade]

Can't do that. Liliana says you've been stalking her. I want to know why.

[???]

Stalking? You see, that is such a harsh word. Anything can sound bad when you say it bad. I'd like to consider myself a gumshoe or a bird dog or a private eye. And boy if you knew what this eye had seen, you'd let me be.

[Shade]

And what's that?

[???]

Well, you see that's the thing, I don't want to tell you. Smell you never!

??? TRIES TO FLEE BUT SHADE GRABS HIM BY ONE OF HIS WRISTS.

[???]

Huh?

[Shade]

You're not going anywhere!

[???]

Ow, my wrist you're hurting me!