Shade#201 (S10): Bad dreams

CUT TO: BEDROCK

EXT. GAS STATION- MORNING

DRAY RIDES IN THE CAR WITH HIS MOM WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC. AS SHE STOPS AT A PUMP SHE HANDS DRAY SOME MONEY MOTIONS FOR HIM TO TAKE HIS HEADPHONES OFF.

[Dray]

What's going on?

[DeEtta]

Run in there and tell them you want 10 on number 3.

[Dray]

Alright.

DRAY TAKES OFF HIS HEADPHONES LEAVING THEM IN THE CAR AND THEN WALKS INSIDE THE GAS STATION. ONCE INSIDE THERE IS A MAN STANDING AT THE COUNTER DOING BUSINESS WITH THE CASHIER. DRAY THINKS NOTHING OF IT AND KEEPS HIS HANDS IN HIS POCKET WHILE WAITING HIS TURN. A COUPLE OF SECONDS LATER, ANOTHER MAN WALKS INTO THE GAS STATION AND STANDS BEHIND BESIDE DRAY ON HIS RIGHT-HAND SIDE. DRAY SLIGHTLY LOOK OVER TO THE MAN WHO GIVES HIM A MEAN LOOK AND DRAY LOOKS FORWARD AGAIN. A COUPLE OF MINUTES GOES BY AND THE MAN BESIDE DRAY GOES UP TO THE COUNTER.

[Man#2]

Hey, can I get 5 cigarillos?

THE MAN WHO WAS AT THE COUNTER FIRST TURNS TO THE SECOND MAN.

[Man#1]

Don't you see me up here? I was here first.

[Man#2]

I don't give a damn, negro.

[Man#1]

Hey, negro, let me get my shit! I'm trying to get my shit! You can wait in line like that negro and let me get my shit before you come up her cutting in line and shit!

[Man#2]

Negro, I don't want to hear none of that shit! You taking to long and I got places to be!

[Dray]

(Thinking)

Are they really doing this now? It's ten in the morning for crying out loud.

[Man#1]

Do you know who I am?

[Man#2]

I don't got to know who you are, negro. I know the people you mess with. And know y'all don't do shit but hang out on the porch all day.

[Man#1]

Well, if you know who my people are then you gotta know about me!

[Man#2]

Negro, I don't have to know about you because you ain't shit!

[Man#1]

Nah, you need to know about me because I'm the type of negro that's gonna pop a cap in yo ass.

DRAY LOOKS UP AT THE CASHIER WHO HAS HER HANDS DOWN BELOW THE COUNTER. DRAY IMMEDIATELY WALKS OUT OF THE GAS STATION AND BEGINS TO WALK BACK TO THE CAR. DRAY HANDS THE MONEY BACK TO HIS MOM AND GETS IN THE CAR. LOOKING BACK, DRAY SEES SOME MORE PEOPLE WALKING INTO THE STORE.

[DeEtta]

What happened?

[Dray]

I think we should get gas somewhere else. They were talking about having a gunfight.

[DeEtta]

Yeah, we better go.

DRAY AND DEETTA GET INTO THE CAR AND SHE DRIVES OFF.

[Dray]

You've gotta be kidding me!

[DeEatta]