Shade#222 (S11): Recur

CUT TO: ATM

EXT. ATM - EARLY NIGHT

AN OLDER MAN AT AN ATM IS HAVING SOME TROUBLE GETTING SOMETHING TO WORK WHEN A MAN COMES UP BEHIND HIM. THE MAN SEEMINGLY WAITING HIS TURN IN LINE PICKPOCKETS THE OLD MAN AS HE LOOKS TO HIS RIGHT, HE SEES SHADE WHO IS STANDING SUNKEN INTO THE WALL. THE MAN'S FACE IN SHOCK SHADE GLARES AT HIM. THE MAN THEN PUTS THE WALLET BACK AND GESTURES MERCY FROM SHADE AS HE WALKS AWAY. SHADE WATCHES HIM AS HE LEAVES AND WAITS FOR THE OLD MAN TO FINISH HIS TRANSACTION. ONCE THE OLD MAN LEAVE SHADE CONTINUES HIS PATROL.

CUT TO: PANCAKE CABIN

INT. DINER - EARLY NIGHT

COMMISSIONER REED SITS AT A BOOTH LOOKING AT THE MENU. THE WAITRESS COMES BY REFILLS HIS COFFEE AND COMMISSIONER REED STOPS HER.

[Commissioner Reed]

Excuse me, could I have some more creamer?

[Waitress]

Sure thing, hon.

[Commissioner Reed]

Thank you.

THE WAITRESS LEAVES AND COMMISSIONER REED LOOKS BACK AT THE MENU.

[Commissioner Reed]

(To himself)

I think I know what I want.

COMMISSIONER REED PUTS DOWN THE MENU THEN TAKES OUT A NEWSPAPER HE HAS WITH HIM. A FEW SECONDS LATER, COMMISSIONER REED IS JOINED BY A MAN WHO SITS IN THE BOOTH ACROSS FROM HIM.

[Commissioner Reed]

Ah, Mr. Elder. You made it in one piece.

[Evan Elder]

Commissioner. I haven't eaten in one of these places in a long time.

[Commissioner Reed]

Yeah, me neither. Whenever my family would ever go out this was the place we went most of the time. I have a lot of memories, not with this place in particular but I'm sure you know what I mean.

[Evan Elder]

Why did you want to meet here of all places?

[Commissioner Reed]

I feel like it's a pretty good representation of Bedrock.

THE WAITRESS COMES BACK BY WITH COMMISSIONER REED'S CREAMER.

[Waitress]

Here's your creamer. Oh, you must be the person he was waiting for. Do you gents know what you'll be ordering or do you need a couple of minutes?

[Commissioner Reed]

I'll have the cabin special.

[Evan Elder]

I'll think I'll have 2 pancakes, an extra helping of hashbrowns, and orange juice.

[Waitress]

Alrighty, I'll take those menus off your hand and put those orders in.

[Commissioner Reed]

Thanks.

[Evan Elder]

Thank you.

THE WAITRESS TAKES THE MENUS AND LEAVES.

[Evan Elder]

Now, what were you saying? This place is a good representation of the city, how so?