Shade#274 (S13): Making acquaintance

CUT TO: SOUTHWEST ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT

EXT. CASTLE ON STAGECOACH - NIGHT

KAYNE ANDREI LOOKS TO SHADE, TOMI, AND AMERETH WITH A SPURNFUL LOOK IN HIS EYES. SHADE SLIGHTLY LOOKS BACK TO TOMI AND AMERETH.

[Shade]

Do either of you have any idea what she did to him?

[Tomi]

...No, I don't. However, I can't really say that I'm a fan of the way he's looking at us right now.

[Amereth]

I think I know what she did. There was a time when Kayne looked at me with that dreadful gaze. It was during one of the first times we met each other.

[Shade]

Geez, he looked at you like that and you still married him?

[Amereth]

I believe that I may have a solution but it will take time. Time that we don't have.

[Tomi]

What makes you say that?

[Amereth]

We cannot attempt to fight this witch and Kayne at the same time.

[Shade]

...What if I took on Tomi's father? That could even the odds, right?

[Amereth]

You have no idea how powerful Kayne is. What you're volunteering for is—!

[Shade]

We've got to do something right? I can handle him.

(Thinking)

I hope.

SHADE GLANCES AT KAYNE, BLINKS, AND KAYNE IS GONE. SHADE THEN HEARS THE SOUND OF KAYNE BEHIND HIMSELF. AS TOMI STARTS TO LOOK IN SHADE'S DIRECTION KAYNE BEGINS HIS ATTACK.

[Tomi]

Look—!

SHADE FLASH STEPS OUT OF THE WAY AS KAYNE ATTEMPTS TO STAB HIM WITH HIS CLAWS. AFTER A FEW SECONDS, KAYNE NOTICES THAT SHADE ISN'T IN FRONT OF HIM ANYMORE. SHADE ATTEMPTS TO ATTACK KAYNE FROM BEHIND BUT KAYNE CATCHES HIS HAND. KAYNE THEN KICKS SHADE IN THE STOMACH SENDING HIM TUMBLING BACK ACROSS THE GROUND. KAYNE THEN LOOKS AT HIS HAND AND SEES THAT SOME OF SHADE'S BLOOD IS ON IT. TOMI GLARES AT KAYNE AS SHE ATTEMPTS TO ACCESS THE SITUATION.

[Tomi]

(Thinking)

I was barely able to track him as he moved. He's faster now than I've ever seen him be.

TOMI LOOKS OVER TO SHADE WHO'S STANDING TO HIS FEET.

[Tomi]

(Thinking)

Then there's him. I can't put my finger on it exactly but I think he might have actually been faster than father. His reaction time and speed no doubt are on par with my dad but he didn't even need me to alarm him. Then judging by how my dad looked at his hand, I'd say that if Shade hadn't been bleeding... he might not have noticed him.

TOMI NOTICES THAT KAYNE IS LOOKING AT HER. TOMI TREMBLES A LITTLE THEN CALMS HERSELF. KAYNE THEN LOOKS TO MAGNOLIA MARE.

[Kayne]

...What is this, Magnolia? Where am I? The last time that I saw you, I was providing a safe place for you to recover.

MAGNOLIA MARE HOLDS HER FAN OVER HER MOUTH AS SHE SPEAKS.