Shade#203 (S10): The pact

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN

EXT. DOWNTOWN- NIGHT

SHADE SITS ON THE TOP OF A BUILDING ON HIS LAPTOP AND PLUG IN THE FLASH DRIVE.

[Shade]

(To himself)

Alright, flash drive, time to show me your secrets.

SHADE PLUGS IN THE FLASH DRIVE AND PULLS UP THE INFORMATION. SHADE FINDS THAT THE FILES ON THE FLASH DRIVE ARE PASSWORD PROTECTED.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

Well, that's not any good. Let's see if we can't fix this.

SHADE HACKS INTO THE FILES FINDING THAT THERE IS INFORMATION ABOUT DIFFERENT MONSTERS, DIFFERENT PEOPLE WHO ARE LIKELY MONSTERS, AND PEOPLE WHO MAY HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT MYSTICAL ARTIFACTS.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

Alright, this just brings up more questions than it answers. Let's see if I can't find anything out about that ghost.

SHADE COMBS THROUGH THE INFORMATION ON THE FLASH DRIVE AND COMES ACROSS A PORTRAIT. THE PORTRAIT DEPICTS THE GHOST FROM WHEN SHE WAS ALIVE STANDING OVER ANOTHER WOMAN WITH HER HANDS ON HER SHOULDERS. THE OTHER WOMAN HAS HER FACE SCRATCHED OUT.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

So, that's interesting. The woman in this picture is the ghost from the museum but what about this other woman? Her mother? Sister? Step- sister? Cousin? Friend? All that's evident is that she's a woman. And it's not like I can just go back and ask the ghost what she's up to. And what the hell is all this other stuff? What the hell are they planning?

SHADE HEARS A SOME COMMOTION GOING ON A PUTS HIS LAPTOP AWAY. LEAVING HIS BAG ON THE ROOF, SHADE STANDS ON THE SIDE OF THE BUILDING THAT HE'S ON AND SEES THAT A KID IS RUNNING WITH A PIZZA WITH A MAN CHASING AFTER HIM. SHADE GLIDES OVER TO WHERE THE KID IS AND AND STOPS HIM. THE PIZZA MAN CATCHES UP TO SHADE AND THE BOY AND GRABS HIM BY THE ARM.

[Pizza Man]

Gotcha you little thief!

[Kid]

Lemme go!

[Shade]

What's going on?

[Pizza Man]

What does it look like? This kid thinks he's going to just take a pizza without paying for it. We'll see what the cops have to say about that!

THE PIZZA MAN PULLS OUT HIS PHONE AND STARTS TO CALL THE POLICE. SHADE THEN LOOKS AT THE KID AND NOTICES HIS CLOTHES AND SHOES ARE RAGGED. SHADE THEN SIGHS AND STOPS THE PIZZAMAN FROM CALLING THE COPS.

[Pizza Man]

What the hell are you doing?

[Shade]

Look, the kid is homeless.

[Pizza Man]

So? That makes it okay to steal?

[Shade]

Are you really gonna call the cops on a homeless kid?

[Pizza Man]

If he was a homeless man, I'm sure you would have been trying to kick his ass.

[Shade]

He's not a violent criminal.