ten ;; hurts the most

it was already thirty minutes past ten at the moment. taehyung was staring at the ceiling, all alone in the room.

cause jeongguk was long gone. he said he wasn't allowed late at night and even if he wanted to, he didn't stop him. all these restrictions were to keep him safe and he wanted the best for that boy.

"he is really cute." taehyung remembered how soft his voice turned to when he talks to him.

how can someone like jeon jeongguk- so polite, so well behaved, such a kind heart be something born to kill.

that was totally absurd !

"tae, im back." he heard his father's voice and with excitement rushing through his whole body, sat up only to run out of the room.

he saw his dad on the sofa struggling with his tie but smiled when he noticed his son, "how was your day, son?"

"it was pretty good. had a friend over. baked cookies for him and talked a lot." taehyung gave a short summary of his whole day like he always does and plopped himself on the sofa beside his father.

he hugged him sidewise and smiled, "how was work?"

"as usual, boring." the man said with an very exhausted smile, his dimples popping up a bit.

"your mom called? she was supposed to call today."

"i didn't pick it up. i was with jeongguk, watching youtube." taehyung sighed.

"don't do that, tae. she also needs some time with you." the man ruffled the younger's hair and suddenly noticed a new name, "jeongguk?"

"who's that?"

"my new friend. jeon jeongguk." taehyung elaborated that made the man knit his brows.

"the prophecy kid?" he remembered and taehyung nodded, "you know it's bullshit right? he is nothing dangerous."

"you shouldn't have been that close to him, tae." his father massaged his left eyebrow and let out a sigh.

"you believe that shit too? it's― totally doesn't make any sense please." taehyung argued, he was on the verge of crying.

"you stay away from that boy and that's the end of discussion." he tried to end the conversation but taehyung still wasn't giving up.

"you don't know, dad. what goes in his head, he is so hopeful that maybe you could help. i told him that you could. please―" taehyung was cut off by the older man.

"what can i do? the government will take him once he is eighteen and do whatever they feel like, they ain't doing that for no reason, right?"

"you know what― it was useless to ask. the man who couldn't help himself, how would he help someone else?" taehyung never actually thought he would talk to anyone like that, at least not to his father but there he was doing it anyway.

"tae, listen." taehyung didn't even listen and rushed to his room.

he heard the other's footsteps approaching after him but he just increased his pace and once he was in the room, he slammed the door.

"im so sorry, gguk."

-

it's been two days since taehyung was ignoring the raven head.

he wasn't recieving his calls and didn't even come to the rooftop when jeongguk left a note in his locker yesterday.

jeongguk couldn't but think, taehyung did the same thing as jaewon, the boy he liked just made a fool out of him and he let him.

it broke his little heart, it was too much take besides the stress he already had in his life.

all he wanted at this point was an answer.

the raven head for the first time in the year slowly walked in the cafeteria. obviously all the attention was supposed to be on him but luckily the people were too busy talking and joking.

and with his long, black hoodie that was quite common among the students made it difficult to trace.

his eyes searched for a certain brown head and he found him at one of the tables at the corner.

"can we talk for a minute?" he asked seeking taehyung's attention and he got that, nit only his but also jimin's who now stopped laughing.

"jeon―" taehyung was cut off by the other, "please."

taehyung saw how his eyes were tinted kinda blue-ish. he wondered what that meant.

only if he knew how much he hurt the other.

"why do you want to talk to my best friend? huh!" jimin asked and jeongguk just simply ignored him.

taehyung nodded and followed him out of the cafeteria and knew where he was taking him.

to their spot.

the rooftop.

once they reached there, it was jeongguk who took a step closer and grabbed taehyung's arms.

the conversion of blue to red orbs was scary yet so beautiful. the brunet knew he was angry.

"why? why did you have to play with me like that? why did you have you just make me feel like i can have friends too? why did you get closer when you planned to eventually ignore me." jeongguk was already having his sight blurred because of the tears.

"y'know im not weak. i just don't want to hurt anyone but couldn't but ask you this cause you hurt me the most." jeongguk said releasing taehyung from his hold, pushing him slightly.

"i wasn't ignoring you, jeongguk, i am so sorry― i just didn't know how to face you." taehyung lowered his eyes, guilt engulfing him wholly.

"huh?"

"my dad― he refused to help and i didn't know how to say this to you after i raised your hopes. i didn't know how to face you." taehyung answered taking a step closer and gently hugged the other.

"im so sorry for hurting you the most."

-

short chap sorry
might update again later

and guys i published a new taekook fanfiction called BOYS ONLINE. check it out if interested ! <333