thirty three ;; wings

"doctor kim?" taehyung cocked one of his brows seeing the doctor on their doorstep. he remembered giving him his address and his phone number in case he wants to help.

does he?

"hey kiddo." he smiled before lowering his eyes, guilt taking over immediately.

"what brings you here?" taehyung asked moving away from the door so that the doctor can get it. once he was in, the younger one led the way inside.

"who's this, tae?" namjoon asked, taking a small bite of his pizza slice while he stared at the doctor.

"this is doctor kim. jeongguk was under his supervision until he just broke his trust and told the government about his changes." taehyung spoke, the tease in his tone evident.

"you did not have to talk like that." namjoon said who was equally guilty that caused taehyung to let out a chuckle.

"the truth is the truth. you being guilty now ain't changing the facts that jeongguk is gone now. y'all are responsible." taehyung with a very calm tone said and sat beside his father on the sofa.

"have a seat doc." he said and stole a glance at his father who was completely baffled at the moment.

"i can't change the past and bring jeongguk back but i can save you." he said that made namjoon even more confused than he already was.

taehyung knew what this man was talking about as jeongguk already warned him about the mass human killing but he acted as if he knew nothing.

"what do you mean?" namjoon asked and taehyung gaped.

"the government is mass killing humans―" seokjin was interrupted by the other, "wait the mass killing on the news; the government is behind that?"

"yeah. they want to wipe out all humans from this realm and by telling you this, i am just one step away from bullet in my head." seokjin tried to explain how dangerous it is and how he will get killed once they find out that their secret wasn't anymore a secret.

"oh and why's that?" taehyung asked.

"jeongguk was a chosen one. he was the key to―" seokjin started explaining the things taehyung already knew but with every word, namjoon just felt even more pathetic.

-

"hey, you're gonna be okay." yoongi ran up to the other who was crying on the floor because of the immense pain rushing through his body.

the vampire made an eye contact with the other whose sight was all blurry and vague because of the tears streaming down in torrents.

"what's happe-ning with me?" jeongguk croaked out, breathing in between to stabilise himself but nothing seemed to be working that moment when the pain just kept on increasing.

"you will be fine, kid. please just stay strong and don't let the pain take over you." yoongi held the younger's hands tightly who shrieked in agony.

"i can't, it's too much." the chosen one tightened his grip on yoongi's hands and scooted closer only to push his face on the vampire's chest, "hyung, it hurts."

"fight it!" yoongi didn't realize when he started crying as well. he couldn't see the younger one in pain. it was hurting him very much.

the other people who now acknowledged the chosen one's screams came running and was horrified by the sight in front of them.

jeongguk knew something was coming out penetrating his skin and hugged the vampire even more tightly if possible.

the skin tore up just in the middle and all the people could see the black wings slowly appearing.

they all gasped at the scene and yoongi kept on sobbing along with jeongguk who was still screaming.

yoongi witnessed how the wings slowly made their way out of his skin. it was terrifying as well as surprisingly beautiful.

"just there, jeongguk. just there." jeongguk heard the faint sounds from yoongi as he could feel his eyes shutting off.

but somehow managed to nod.

the wings were now totally out, people staring at them at awe because they were so gorgeous.

they have seen nothing like this.

never in their lifetime. jeongguk was now fully transformed.

he was complete now.

yoongi hugged the younger one when he crashed into his frame and closed his eyes passing out immediately.

"he got em, yoongi." it was the old vampire they talked with a few days back and yoongi nodded, "he is now fully ready, old man. just we need to wait for the right time."

"get him in the room, clean his wounds up and also you know what to do now." the senile vampire said and the other nodded.

people were staring at jeongguk who was now being carried by yoongi in his arms. they couldn't but feel bad for this young boy.

what he had to go through all his life.

yoongi along with the medical expert they had there was in the room only.

he carefully laid jeongguk on the bed which was of course on his stomach cause the wounds were fresh and he needs to be very careful with them cause they were in the initial stage.

"doc, clean his wounds and mind you, be very very gentle." yoongi warned, his voice very serious.

jeongguk has become like his younger brother he never had and seeing him like this ached his heart a lot.

the doctor nodded and sat beside jeongguk on the bed with his kit on his side.

as soon as he started cleaning all the blood from his milky smooth skin, the vampire had his eyes on the big cut right in the middle of jeongguk's vertebral column.

once he was done cleaning, the cut was way more visible than ever, the vivid redness around was making it more obvious.

"move aside." yoongi ordered and the doctor nodded getting off the bed.

the vampire took his place and sucked in a sharp breath.

he stared at the the cut just in the middle joint between two wings.

the doctor widened his eyes in horror when yoongi parted that cut even more, making the thin hollow space wider.

-

might double update wooo