twenty eight ;; not real

"focus jeongguk, focus." yoongi tapped the chosen one's shoulder who was standing stoic in the middle of their practice room. the vampire was helping him control his super strength as the latter wasn't quite good at it.

whenever he is hitting something, he is breaking things.

"you gotta control yourself, yeah?" yoongi suggested and the younger one sighed, "i am trying."

"oh no you're not. today you haven't been focussing at all." he rebuked throwing himself on the ground. the vampire looked up at the other and sighed for the second time, "everyone's counting on you, kid. you gotta do it for yourself and every single one of them. please."

"i am trying. i am trying my best but you need to understand that i need rest too? this is all too much for me." jeongguk replied, his teeth gritting in anger and frustration.

yoongi again stood up and hummed in response.

"you have all these powers but until you gain proper control over them, it's useless and also destructive," he sighed, ruffling the younger's black hair, "go see your family or your boyfriend if you want."

"what?" jeongguk shot a look at him.

"got it how much you are missing them. it's been a week you have been here. so go and see them once. we will practice later." yoongi smiled softly feeling bad for the kid, he literally was missing all of them so much but didn't say a word about it. after working this hard for the past week, he at least deserved this.

"really? i can?" a small smile adorned the creature's lips as he already ran up to his hoodie on the chair nearby.

"yeah but be careful―" yoongi couldn't even finish his sentence as jeongguk used his ability and ran as fast as he can.

he was tired of fighting with the vampire. he swore his body was all tired after learning those new moves. his mind was exhausted as well because yoongi also focussed on the mental abilities besides the physical ones, like insight.

he got better with that one honestly. it doesn't take moments before he can know the gist of the story behind everything he touched.

jeongguk finally felt nice as he passed through the air with the speed of light. the raven head smiled to himself as he made his way to back to his house.

it took him a minute or so to get to his house. he quickly made in the house through the window of his room and sighed in relief.

he breathed heavily with that familiar scent of his room, that feeling of home. he laid on his bed with his legs dangling down the edges and stared at his ever favourite ceiling, "i missed this."

but he couldn't stay there as he heard footsteps approaching. he quickly got up and went to the attached bathroom, he peeked through the small space and saw it was his mom.

she was looking devastated. he felt like she hasn't stopped crying since then. he felt like walking out and just hug her tightly but he can't and he won't.

-

jeongguk thought taehyung was in school and was walking to the place where they first kissed. the place where the other confessed his feelings.

but what surprised him was the fact that there his boyfriend was sitting on that same park bench, staring at the sky.

jeongguk didn't have any single clue on why he wasn't in school or why was he here in the first place but seeing those tears slowly running down, he couldn't but get closer and sat beside the other.

taehyung looked over his shoulder at the other and smiled, "now i am hallucinating, great."

"but tell me you're real." taehyung choked on his own tears and jeongguk just smiled, "i am not real."

"damnit asshole, i miss you so much." the human sobbed even harder that made the other scoot closer and press their lips together but immediately pulled away.

"this is real." taehyung wanted to touch jeongguk but the other just shook his head no and covered the other's eyes with his palm.

"i need you, jeon jeongguk."

the human blinked feeling the hand not there anymore and saw no one in front.

the air hitting his face instantly and he didn't know what just happened.

it felt so real but again how can jeongguk be here?

impossible.

"i am so sorry." jeongguk murmured to himself as he made his way through the streets. he hated how he was hurting the ones he loved but he can't show himself. no he can't. for the greater good.

taehyung on the other hand still couldn't comprehend all these but he didn't have time for pondering over if the hallucinations here was actually just an hallucination or not.

he got more important things to do and that includes getting to the doctor who was treating his boyfriend. he needed to know the whole thing and he will find it out no matter what.

he needed his answers and he was sure doctor kim can help him get some.

taehyung was all out of control after jeongguk's death news. he didn't listen to his father once after that. always in his room trying to think of ways he can get to the root of all these― the human wasn't himself anymore.

he ruffled his own hair in frustration and sighed before sobbing in his own palms.

this was all too much for him to get through but he needs to.

he can't let jeongguk down.