sixteen ;; false hopes

"how can you say that, dad?" taehyung argued, he just can't believe how his dad was being irrational. without knowing literally anything about jeongguk, he kept on commenting.

he never thought this day will come when he will question his dad like this, he always thought his dad was the best― like any kid would think.

this was unacceptable.

"what about kim namjoon always standing with the right ones, huh?" taehyung knew how disrespectful he was being at the moment but he was just so disappointed.

"taehyung, watch your mouth, i am your dad." his father, kim namjoon said, pulling his pointer finger at the other.

"then act like a dad and help your son. help the one he cares for." taehyung shouted, his eyes glistening with tears, "if you can't then just stay away from this. you can't decide who i should be with or not."

"taehyung―" he couldn't finish his sentence when the younger rushed back to his room and closed the door.

-

jeongguk looked around the cabin, he hated this place but he needs to visit here once in a while.

but despised the fact that he was already before the appointment date because of his changes.

"are you feeling really angry at nothing in particular? i mean do you suddenly get angry? want to attack―" the doctor questioned pulling that stethoscope after checking the other's heartbeat and left it hanging around his neck.

"no, not without a reason." jeongguk replied.

"are there any other symptoms other than being super speedy?"

"no, doctor kim. i don't think i got anything other than that." jeongguk lied that he had insights too, that he could see a fraction of history by touching anything.

he even tried it with people but he can't get anything except those hazy pictures and he doesn't even have the slightest clue on what could he possibly even see so he just assumed it works only with things.

"i honestly don't see anything unusual, but let's not say anything until we get the reports. they will be here by tomorrow." the doctor said and jeongguk rolled his eyes.

"say it doctor, you can't help me."

"jeongguk―" the woman standing beside the boy called and rubbed his shoulder wanting him to shut up because this is the only doctor who was ready to see him or we can say the only doctor the government assigned for him.

"doctor, can you give me something that will kill me? y'know i am tired." jeongguk sighed massaging his temples, totally done with everything.

"shut up, jeongguk." his mother tried but it was a useless try cause the boy didn't stop.

"i hate everything. i don't have anything, i don't have a fucking life. do you understand?"

"everything's gonna be fine kiddo." he said scribbling something on the paper attached to the clipboard.

"false hopes don't work for me anymore, it's alright." the creature let out a humorous chuckle and pulled himself to his feet, "and i am not in the mood too, so have a good day."

he left his mother in and walked out. having no idea of where he is going or anything, he just keeps on taking large steps ahead.

his eyes turning white from black that indicates how scared and anxious he was at the moment.

he wanted a normal life, he wanted friends, he wanted taehyung as his boyfriend who was already up for it, just he needs to say yes, was it too much to ask for?

this prophecy thing ruined his life, he was disappointed at the world for not seeing how he really was just because he was supposed to be dangerous?

how does that even work?

"fuck." he kicked the air before running his fingers through his hair locks, "fuck fuck fuck!"

he needs some answers.

to all the questions he had since childhood. but how was the one and only question now.

soon he remembered that file in taehyung's house and that he got that power to know some of the history of things.

wish he gained that just some minutes before then he could've figured out that already but better late than never, he can still go and figure that out.

with his super speed, no one will even know.

so why not?

once he was out of the hospital, he walked to one corner and once the he wasn't surrounded by people, he used his speed to get to taehyung's house.

he didn't know how this will work or even if this will or not but trying is the only thing he can do so he is okay with that.

he was thinking how this wasn't right, like walking into someone else's house without their permission and checking things however he was still determined to do that.

it only took him some seconds before he was in front of his one and only friend's house. he can barge in the house in some way but that would rather grab a lot of attention.

living under the spotlight all his life was enough, he doesn't need more so he settles on asking taehyung about it. he knew he broke his heart but was still sure that he won't refuse to help.

he walked to the other side of the house where taehyung's window was and saw that the blinds were pushed aside.

the brunet was sitting in the middle of the bed and crying to himself with his face pressed on his knees as he hugged them closer.

that honestly breaks his heart.

"tae." he whispered before knocking on the glass that grabbed his attention instantly. his head shot up and he first got scared but when he saw those two glowing purple eyes in the dark outside, he knew who it was.

he can't fail to recognize those eyes, never. after all he loved his eyes the most in him.

"gguk." he called springing out of the bed and running to the window. he quickly opened it, pushed the screen up and smiled oh so widely.

jeongguk got in and before he could say anything, he felt himself in a tight hug.

"i am so mad at you for leaving like that but okay― at least you are here now." taehyung buried his face in the crook of the other's neck and smiled kissing the area softly.

"i am not here for you, tae."

that's the moment taehyung realized that he just raised his hopes high for no reasons.

-

i updated :'(