thirteen ;; a little selfish

"what would you do by knowing about these?" jeongguk asked scooting closer to the other who smiled, "i don't know, maybe if my dad agrees i don't sound like i an idiot by knowing zero about you. i need to know about you."

"these are useless, i wish i could tell you all the things that actually matters." jeongguk let out a chuckle and looked away leaving the human in pure confusion.

"what does that mean? what are you hiding from me?" taehyung slowly rubbing the back of his palm against the other's cheeks.

"i can't tell you that and if you really consider me as your friend, don't ask me what." jeongguk said loud and clear for the other to just shut up and retract his hand.

"you're mean." the human commented, a glare shooting at the other who simply nodded, "i am not if you put me in my shoes but again i really pray you never are in my shoes, not just you, i won't even wish my enemy would face what i do."

"gguk." taehyung called and pulled the other in a tight hug.

"i don't know what i can do for you but you can surely live your best right? you can try forgetting the past and ignoring the future, you can please focus on the present right?" taehyung whispered, tightening the hug.

jeongguk might not have just noticed or realized how the other subtly kissed his nape.

"jeongguk, tell me who is it that makes you happy. tell me who he is and i promise i will bring him here." taehyung pulled away and held the creature's hands in his.

there was no doubt that taehyung liked jeon jeongguk.

no it wasn't a new feeling. he had been watching over the other from long, he knew how jeongguk was always in the park or even noticed how he was there for him in school.

he even thought that the boy jeongguk liked was him but when he denied, he just felt like he was clowning himself.

but whatever it is, he just wants the other to be happy, even if it's not with him.

"what are you? cupid?" jeongguk giggled and saw those tears slowly pouring down the other's eyes.

jeongguk couldn't contemplate if he was sad seeing those tears or happy seeing someone actually cared about him, this was so nice yet so heartbreaking at the same time.

"hey, don't cry." he cupped the other's cheeks and with both his thumbs pushed those tears away.

"tell me."

"won't it be selfish?" jeongguk asked with a faint smile adorning his lips, his eyes glowing purple.

"why would that be selfish? even if it was it's fine, sometimes you gotta be selfish."

"i can't let anyone get too attached to me. i don't want anyone to get too hurt after i am gone." jeongguk wiped the next batch of tears but just after another came rushing down.

"i don't even want you to get close to me, like seriously taehyung, you should stay away from me." the creature mumbled.

"it's gonna be good for you."

"you don't get to decide what's good for me. so shut up." the human slapped the other on his arm slowly and with eyes gleaming with tears, looked just into the other's, "don't you dare make decisions for me."

"but seriously―" jeongguk stopped talking the moment taehyung cupped his cheeks and leaned closer.

for a moment, he thought they were gonna kiss but when the human stopped just when their mouths were inches apart, he gulped. he for a solid moment thought his dreams were coming true.

"do you want me to kiss you, jeon jeongguk?" the brunet asked, his breath hitting the other's lips, "if you don't then shut the fuck up."

"why do i feel you wanna kiss me?" jeongguk asked in a joking manner but taehyung just gulped and looked away.

"there's nothing like that, i know that's a nice threat cause you surely won't like a kiss from me."

"poor bogum, he is waiting for you to kiss him and you here are ready to kiss me just to shut me up, that's tragic―" with a small laugh, jeongguk pointed out that earned a small giggle from the other as well, "i don't kiss assholes, only people like you."

"uh huh." jeongguk didn't think of anything else and hugged the other sidewise, he buried his face in the other's shoulder and sniffed on that perfume, damn taehyung wasn't any werewolf but he smells oh so good.

"thank you for being my friend."

the brunet just stayed quiet, smiling all to himself.

"but as i am approaching my eighteenth birthday i mean it still got some time but just in case i start turning into a monster, don't remember that me, please do remember this me. okay?"

"oh shut up, you can't turn into a monster. just shhh."

"just in case, i might turn into something monstrous in future."

"shithead what did i tell you? don't bother about the future. just focus on the present yeah?" taehyung shrugged his shoulders causing the other to pull away.

"fine i will try."

"okay i have this question in my mind and i need to ask." taehyung slowly drew his bottom lip in, nervously chewing on the skin.

"yeah, go ahead. you won't be able to sleep if you don't ask now."

"so the boy you like― by any chance, is that me?"

-