forty ;; saving the humans

"hey are you worried about the ones who are going to the event tomorrow?" taehyung asked seeing a totally stressed out jeon jeongguk walking in the room.

"yeah, i could bring you here but can't bring all of them. it's not possible but also can't just stay idle either." jeongguk said closing the door behind while namjoon was thinking hard on what can be done.

he was a scientist and worked for the government. he thought if in any way, he could help or not.

"everything's gonna be alright. you guys will come up with something for sure." taehyung rubbed his palm on his boyfriend's back who just sat beside him, "hoping the same."

"jeongguk," namjoon called and the boy looked over his shoulder at the older man, "doctor kim―"

"what about him?" jeongguk asked.

"he has a link with the people in the system. if he somehow gets to know where the bomb is gonna be and then you with your super speed can get it far away in some water body before it blasts." namjoon came up with this and jeongguk nodded.

"everything is okay but doctor kim. why would he help? he is with them." jeongguk who was unaware of the fact that kim seokjin was on their side now asked and taehyung explained the whole thing.

"oh." he was actually surprised to hear that but also couldn't just trust the doctor however he was their last hope and they gotta try this.

"i will talk to yoongi hyung first."

-

"idea is not bad." the eldest vampire said and yoongi nodded, "sure but do you think we should trust him or even this doctor? i am still being skeptical."

"any better idea, min yoongi?" the older one laughed before glancing at jeongguk, "bring kim namjoon here."

soon namjoon was brought here and kid you not, he was shivering. yoongi let out a chuckle seeing him in this state and decided to just tease, "calm down scientist, we won't kill you just like that. you don't have to be that scared."

"well the case might be different if you're still on their side and trying to cheat on us." he said, his tone filled with doubts.

"i am not!" the human replied immediately, "jeongguk, trust me. i am not with them."

"hyung, stop it. let's focus on what's important instead, yeah?" the chosen one asked before they all started talking.

"we can't call him cause his calls might be tapped. so we have to meet him in person." namjoon suggested and yoongi nodded, "yeah, he is right."

"so we get to his house?"

"yeah. that's what has to be done but we do it when it's dark."

"this better work." yoongi said and focussed on namjoon who was practically melting in the chair he was sitting on.

hours later yoongi and namjoon were ready to leave. the human patted his son's shoulder and smiled, "if anything happens to me―"

he couldn't finish his sentence when the 'rude vampire' interrupted.

"excuse me, you're not going alone. i am gonna be with you. taehyung, don't worry about him, he is gonna be all fine," yoongi hissed, standing in front of the scientist, "hop on, fatso."

"you sure you don't want me to come with you?" jeongguk asked and yoongi gave him a subtle nod, "yeah sure. i don't want to risk anything."

"i really hope y'all get the information." someone said from the people of the pack house gathered around the gate for wishing both of them luck.

"thanks hoseok." yoongi smiled softly at the boy before namjoon got on his back.

"i am very worried. i hope they get back here soon." taehyung said latching his arm with his boyfriend's when they disappeared in thin air.

"don't worry. yoongi hyung is there with him. he is gonna be fine." jeongguk started pulling him inside again, smiling at the ones he was passing.

it's been a while he was here but he didn't interact with anyone much. it was just yoongi who he talked to and the other times he would just either think about his family and taehyung or wander around like a vigilante.

now that taehyung is here and his parents are also safe, he wants to make acquaintances with them. so he decided to start talking but for now his only concern was his stressed boyfriend worrying for his father and the bomb blast thing.

"hey―" jeongguk hugged the other tightly when he saw those glassy hazel eyes once they entered his room.

"i am scared for him." the human mumbled burying his face onto the other's chest, "he is the only family i have beside you. if anything happens to him, i will die."

"shush hun," jeongguk pressed a kiss on his lips and then rested their foreheads together, "trust me when i say he is gonna be fine."

"hmm." he could just simply hum in reply and wiped this tears streaming down in torrents now.

"jeongguk, i am tired of worrying over my close ones getting hurt or getting into trouble. i just want all of these to go like disappear." taehyung sobbed before jeongguk pulled him and made him sit on the sofa nearby.

"just some more days and hopefully this is all going to be over, babes," jeongguk crouched down in front and kissed his boyfriend's hand before he smiled, "just a little more, yeah?"

"just hope dad and yoongi hyung to come back soon― all safe and sound." the human hoped.

-

:)