twenty six ;; chosen one

jeongguk was finally awake. he now was in his full senses as he stared at the man sitting on the edge of the bed, "min yoongi― sir, thank you for saving me but―"

"―i still don't understand why." the creature mumbled, slowly getting off the bed and walked to the window. it was raining at the moment and he didn't know why the sound of water droplets hitting the ground.

he beheld the downpour with surprised eyes when the drops rushed down to kiss the earth making the air feel betrayed at the act. the creature sighed and looked around at the vampire again, "what's this place?"

"this is an abandoned pack house and i had to save you." the older one replied, "i told you, you're the bridge, the bridge between the realms."

"realms?" jeongguk questioned, "there are other realms?"

"human realm and our one. why do you think we have only a handful of humans in here?" yoongi asked, massaging his temples, "the human realm is more stronger, they suppose and they are scared, scared if they find a way here, they will rule over us."

"they, who?"

"the government and you― you're the one key to get there." the vampire informed, "you're the chosen one."

"what do you mean i am a chosen one?" jeongguk inquired, "what the hell is all these?"

"are you dumb?"

"no―"

"it's simple kid, you are the chosen one. every twenty one years, there's someone like you born to maintain that connection but from a century or even more, the people killed these chosen ones making his ridiculous prophecy as they didn't want humans here. only the ones to enter in the past and there generation is all we have at the moment―" yoongi explained the whole thing, "and i am afraid they are now planning something real big, they want to wipe the existence of humans."

"that's not possible― how do i believe you?" jeongguk asked in disbelief that earn another sigh from the other. the vampire moved ahead and grabbed the creature's hand tightly before he started pulling him.

"leave my hand." jeongguk demanded however that didn't free him and so he had to yank his hand out of the other's grasp.

he took a step back when the vampire glared at him, "you don't believe me but you will believe them."

"don't be stubborn, come with me, please." yoongi requested which wasn't like him but jeongguk is the last choice and he needs to understand all these so a please was necessary at the end.

jeongguk didn't say a word afterward. what he did was slowly follow the other to wherever he was going.

it was a abandoned pack house but still the environment wasn't like how he imagined. the lights were working absolutely fine, the place was all clean as if someone mopped the place hours ago.

"you say this is an abandoned pack house?" he asked looking around as they made their way ahead.

"yeah but now it's used by all the rogues and the outcasts. whoever finds their way here, they are cordially welcomed. it was a pack house but now it's our home." yoongi said stopping in front of a huge door.

he knocked thrice on the wooden material and they both waited for someone to open it. it took a minute before the door was finally opened.

it was woman in her thirties probably who opened it and smiled at jeongguk who knitted his brows at her. like why on earth will she smile at him?

"he is the one," yoongi said to all the other people present there. jeongguk widened his eyes the moment he saw three people there, "the chosen one, jeon jeongguk."

the oldest of them all who was also a vampire to jeongguk's opinion walked closer to him and kept his left palm on jeongguk's head― a small smile adorning his wrinkled mouth, "i am one thousand seven hundred and two year old, kid and this is the first time i am seeing a chosen one."

jeongguk gulped, his eyes turning to white from black. the senile one noticed that and was mesmerized by that change, "that's magical."

"huh?" the creature mumbled looking down at his bare feet that earned a chuckle from the one in front, "yoongi―"

"yes."

"he needs to be trained. he needs to face his fears. he is not ready yet." the older vampire pointed out and tapped jeongguk's shoulder who squeezed his eyes shut.

"yeah got the hint." yoongi laughed and looked over his shoulder at the other two busy examining the creature in front of them.

"so can you please explain― i mean whatever yoongi said, is it true? the government and all?" jeongguk finally decided to speak to which the old man nodded, "my daughter was a chosen one. i was out of the town when the people took her away and killed her before i could even see her face."

"at that time, there wasn't the government but those people and their generation are all that constitutes the body now so― they have the same mindset." the man with almost teary eyes said and jeongguk lowered his gaze, "i am so sorry for your loss, sir."

"i don't know how your parents saved you but i am happy they could." he said ruffling the creature's hair and smiled.

"what's a chosen one though? i am just very confused."

"yoongi will explain everything to you but dear you need to trust us. here everyone wants to save you and all the people they targeted. everyone in this place are the ones who tried to oppose killing of the chosen ones but couldn't―" he said pausing for a moment before he carried on.

"this is the last chance we have and you, " the vampire grabbed jeongguk's both shoulders and smiled, "you need to prepare yourself, you must gain a control over your powers, know how to use them correctly and yoongi will teach you that."

"you must do it, jeon jeongguk. everyone is counting on you."

-

woo confusing??

will clear this up gradually in the future chapters so dw :)