one ;; the cursed child

the little four year old was so excited to get to school, he even made small cards with colorful papers last night for his new friends that he hopes to make today.

"mom, mom, when are we leaving?" he excitedly asked jumping on the spot, all ready with his small cute backpack which had nothing much in it.

he grabbed his sippy cup that was hanging around his neck with a strap and sipped some of that mixed fruit juice from it, "mom hurry up, we are gonna be late!"

the woman smiled walking out of the kitchen, but her smile faded seeing how happy her son was, "jeongguk, baby, calm down. we still got one hour before your classes start."

she kept the tiffin box on the table and grabbed a chair to settle on it slowly, her hands on her big baby bump.

"dear where is your jacket?" she asked her elder son who giggled, "in my room, lemme get it."

she felt like something stabbed her heart seeing the toddler so happy.

"got it." he came back running and held the fluffy, airy jacket for her mother to take which she did immediately.

resting it on her baby bump, she pulled that sippy cup and made the little one wear it, "baby, you know mom loves you the most?"

"yes, i know but i love you more." he giggled cutely, rubbing his palm on the bump, "i love the little one too."

"yeah baby, the little one loves you too." she brushed her son's hair back with her fingers and like always, jeongguk tip toed for her to easily get kissed on his exposed forehead.

"but listen here―" she paused for a moment, "―how do i explain?"

jeongguk saw tears slowly pouring out of his mom's eyes and rushing down.

his bottom lip quivered a bit before his hand reached up to wipe those tears.

"you know baby, you are very strong." she started but didn't know how to pull this off, jeongguk was only four and explaining this to him didn't make any sense.

he won't understand shit.

"i know that. im very strong." he smiled patting his own arms trying to show that he got some biceps like shown in the television.

"and that's why the world is mad at you, they think you are dangerous." she was full on sobbing while trying to explain to him in a simple yet effective way.

"i-im dang-erous." the four year old stammered, his eyes widened, pupils dilated.

"why do they think so mommy?" jeongguk asked, his eyes slowly turning to grey from purple.

"they dumb and so the thing you gotta do is stay away from everyone. don't talk much, if someone tries to pick a fight, you will stay quiet, you don't fight back. okay?" she caressed his son's cheek who lowered his eyes.

"that means i can't have friends?"

"baby, you don't need friends. your little friend is on the way." she did what had to be done even though she knew this broke that boy's heart.

she knew it was totally absurd to tell a four year old on how the whole society will hate him at one point and to that extent that they will be after his life one day and the only way to keep him alive is to keep him away from every single one.

if he doesn't talk to anyone much, doesn't show his powers that are hidden at the moment but different incidents will provoke them to the extent that they will get themselves revealed according to the prophecy, then people won't consider him dangerous.

she even thought about discarding this whole school thing and almost fixed that he would be homeschooled but that won't let the society to see that he is harmless, people won't know that he was just a sweet creature.

he needs to stay away from people but also people needs to know how he doesn't mean any damage to them, that he wasn't evil.

he was destined to live only eighteen years or even less if he shows his powers according to the myth that they don't even know was real or not.

a chance is what had. nothing else.

she had nothing to lose at the moment but so much to gain. if this works then maybe his son will live a longer life.

maybe.

so this try is worth it.

"baby, promise me, you will always be good. never hurt anyone. intentionally or unintentionally." she said wiping those tears that were streaming down his flushed cheeks.

his mom knew that it was a bad idea, knew that the his son will suffer a lot because of this decision cause almost all the people knew about the prophecy and how much she tried to conceal the fact, jeongguk's eyes will reveal it all.

but there she was trying anyway.

who's to blame? after all which mother will let her child die knowing that she could probably save him.

even if jeongguk will suffer but if this works, jeongguk will be able to live a normal life so of course she is gonna try her heart and soul.

+°•+°•

the enthusiasm, the curiosity jeongguk was filled with was now all gone, it vanished, all his fantasies about having friends just disappeared.

the little creature looked down at his cute shoes as he walked with his mom, hand in hand.

"bub." she called causing jeongguk to look up at her, "you remember what mom said?"

"yes." he whispered, his eyes turning white because of the sadness building in.

"mom, i don't wanna go to school." the little one said, his grip around his mother's hand tightened.

"it's okay baby, if you do like i said, you will be fine." she ruffled jeongguk's hair and smiled down at him who nodded.

they were finally in the classroom, his mother was talking to the class teacher who looked at the boy and the moment jeongguk made an eye contact, his eyes turned to grey from white meaning that he is scared.

"his eyes." she instantly suspected.

"hun, what's with your eyes?" she squatted down and pulled out a candy from her pocket and gave it to the kid who obviously got happy.

before his mother could say anything jeongguk grabbed that candy and smiled, getting a little happy and less nervous, his eyes returning to his original state that was black.

the teacher gulped and stole a glance at jeongguk's mother, "he is cursed."

she quickly got up and took steps back, "your child is cursed ma'am. he is born to kill. why didn't you kill him already?"

little jeongguk who was busy eating that candy now flinched at the loud voice, totally clueless on what that cursed or anything she said meant.

"he is just a child miss, what harm can he do?" she retorted.

"anything in the prophecy is void until he is eighteen. please understand."

she calmed down a bit, lowered her gaze and with a humble tone requested, "please miss, he mean no harm. at least now."

"no you please try and understand ma'am, your child is cursed. you get that?"

through that day, jeongguk didn't understand what that word cursed mean but soon, he did and he himself started believing it at one point.

hjsokwn sorry if the first chapter was boring! but it will get better so trust me !