seventeen ;; just a crush

"i am not here for you." jeongguk repeated and looked away seeing those tears trailing down following the same path the others were streaming down from, "i am here for myself."

"so you don't care about me or my feelings? at all?" taehyung asked taking a step close and taking the creature's hands in his.

"don't make it more difficult than it already is taehyung." jeongguk said, pulling his hands out of the other's hold, "if you can help me please do."

"and how can i?"

"get me the file that has my information in it, i will just see it once and leave." jeongguk informed.

"you can take it yourself. you're fast enough. go." taehyung crossed his arms over his chest and wiped those tears away.

"yeah okay." jeongguk hummed and before the other could process anything, he was out of the room.

jeongguk was in the study, good that taehyung's father wasn't in. he found that file among the other ones and closed it eyes before touching it.

all he could see was a room, two men talking, the surrounding was looking like some laboratory or something like a research centre.

"fuck it." he put the file back to it's place and regretted his decision. he didn't get anything special cause with the vision he had, he ain't getting anywhere and on top of that, he hurt taehyung.

he hurried back to taehyung's room who was now sitting on the edge of the bed, "you found anything?"

"nothing new." jeongguk was about to go out when the human called his name.

"jeongguk, wait―" he walked closer to the other who stood there back facing him.

his insides were trembling so badly that he couldn't but pull jeongguk in a tight back hug,

"jeongguk, please don't do this. we can be better."

the creature felt the other's arms around him, his chest pressed against his own back.

"tae―" he called and broke the hug only to turn around. he saw his least favourite thing, the others eyes filled tears that were threatening to fall.

jeongguk was frustrated, he was tired but whatever he was going through, they were nothing compared to seeing taehyung like this. he was devastated watching the other holding onto him.

"don't cry." he with the most calmest tone he could manage at the moment said and pushed those moistures away with both his thumbs before cupping the human's face.

"don't you push me like this and i won't cry." taehyung cupped the hands cupping his own cheeks and blinked hard letting the next batch of water out from his eyes, "don't you fucking push me away."

"so what do you want me to do? hold your hands, kiss you and give you fake hopes, oh no― i can't." jeongguk whispered, resting their foreheads together.

"staying away is good for us. it's the best for us." the creature's breath hit the other's lips as he spoke, "it's for the best."

"you don't decide what's the best for me. why think about a bad future when we can make our present so beautiful?" the human questioned, retracting his hands from the other's only to cross them around jeongguk's neck.

"let's run away. you and me." taehyung suggested that earned a small chuckle from the other, "that's a great plan and did you forget? i can't fit anywhere."

"i am cursed and you don't love the cursed one." jeongguk slowly pushed him away and lowered his eyes.

"forget what we feel for each other. let's forget everything. forget―" he couldn't even finish his sentence when taehyung punched him in his stomach but of course not that hard.

"you're an asshole." he commented before pressing his lips on jeongguk's cheek.

both of them closed their eyes as long as taehyung pressed his lips against his skin.

"do whatever you want. i won't say anything to you anymore." taehyung sighed pushing the other who nodded, "that's a good decision y'know."

"yeah, this is probably the first and last time i let someone else take the decision of my life, i will not try anymore cause you don't want me to." taehyung didn't even know what he was saying and if this all makes sense.

he just wants jeongguk to be okay and if he is okay staying away then so be it.

"taehyung, you know the reason behind this." jeongguk clarified, taking a step closer while the other moved away.

"i do and it's totally absurd. you are pushing me away for what? the prophecy that you will die when you turn eighteen? living and dying can't be predicted like this, stupid." taehyung explained, his half wanted to just hug the fuck outta jeongguk.

while the other half was stopping him from doing that. he doesn't want to force jeongguk in this.

"you can find someone normal. it's just a liking taehyung, you will get over me." the creature mumbled under his breath but taehyung understood it all.

"oh don't you dare invalidate my feelings for you―" taehyung paused, glaring at him.

"we will get over this, at least i will. y'know it's just a crush." jeongguk lied and before taehyung could speak,

he left.

-