thirty four ;; the key

yoongi closed his eyes for a second seeing the blood slowly trickling out but he needs to do.

with another subtle breath, he pushed his thumb and pointer finger inside the cut and the unconscious jeongguk squirmed a little.

"what are you doing―" the doctor inquired as letting this happen without knowing the cause is against his ethics.

"just shhhh." the vampire hissed and kept on getting his fingers into the cut until he found something.

something he had been looking for. yes, he found it just right there. he grabbed it and quickly pulled it out cause he knew how much uneasy and pain jeongguk must have been feeling.

"this doc, this is the reason." he showed the doctor that key that was inside jeongguk's skin. it had been in his flesh since birth and today was the day it had to be taken out.

the doctor hummed knowing what that is. the golden key was all covered with blood, so was yoongi's hand.

the vampire sighed in relief when he watched the skin grafting again, it healed oh so magically without any medicine or any external effort.

it healed like there was never a cut, just like nothing happened.

"you can leave." yoongi said to the doctor who nodded and walked out with his kit in his hand while the vampire stared at the blooded key he held up in the air.

"you are all ready, jeon jeongguk."

-

yoongi was dozing off on the chair beside jeongguk who finally regained his senses and groaned the moment his back felt oh so heavy.

of course, this new thing would take some time to adapt with himself, his system, surely it will.

"uh." he groaned once again that made yoongi to snap back into reality, "kiddo, you're awake."

"yeah, but what are those on my back, the fuck!" jeongguk complained sitting up, hissing sounds coming more often cause it was getting really uneasy.

"those are your wings." yoongi laughed, poking the huge black feathers on the wings.

"now i got wings. don't tell me i will get a tail next, please no―" jeongguk almost cried out and face palmed. he was totally not ready to have these and getting a whole new body parts that too all of a sudden, he didn't understand what to actually feel.

"no, you won't get tail. i guess no." yoongi patted his right shoulder and jeongguk hummed.

"are they gonna stay there forever? like just imagine how will i sleep, how will i walk, how will i―" jeongguk couldn't even finish them as thousands of questions filled his mind.

"calm down, calm down." yoongi couldn't but burst into fits of giggles again seeing the other almost breaking down.

no, it wasn't funny for jeongguk.

but the vampire found it awfully funny.

"this isn't funny, hyung. i am dying here and you're laughing your ass out. not fair." jeongguk huffed crossing his hands over his bare chest cause the doctor cut the t-shirt off his body.

he had to.

"i am sorry," yoongi stopped laughing, even stopped smiling that caused his gummy smile to just disappear, "okay so good news is these wings― you can control them like whenever you want them out, only then they will be out."

"wow, that's something new." jeongguk finally was relieved and smiled.

"then i like these." jeongguk started touching those feather thingy and giggled when he could move his wings with his brain command.

"listen." yoongi called and jeongguk shifted his gaze from the wings to the man beside.

"you getting these wings means the time is almost there, we are almost there for it." yoongi smiled softly and ruffled the other's hair who nodded understanding.

"you rest today and we start from tomorrow again. don't worry, you're getting stronger each day as we are nearing your 18th birthday, yeah? you will be alright." yoongi explained.

"so the door to the bridge will open on my 18th birthday?"

"that's how things should be. might be a day plus or minus." the vampire pulled himself to his feet and pulled out something from his jean pocket.

"it's in less than a month."

jeongguk watched him getting a chain with a key in it from his pocket and held it in the air.

"that's the key. it was inside your body since birth and today we got it out." yoongi said and jeongguk gulped taking that key from him.

"i don't want to know how you did that." jeongguk shut his eyes thinking of all the possibilities of how the key must've been pulled out from under his skin.

"oh it was easy." yoongi let out a chuckle before gesturing at the key, "you keep it safe, chosen one. lose it and we all are doomed."

"i won't. never." jeongguk quickly wore that chain and smiled at the one standing, "trust me, hyung."

"hyung sounds nice, i mean cute." yoongi rubbed his left eyebrow hard and pressed his lips in a thin line, "rest, then."

"no, i wanna spend some time with these. i wanna see how they work." jeongguk pulled himself to his feet and tried moving his wings which were still feeling heavy.

"yeah sort them out soon, we probably don't have much time."  yoongi walked out of the room leaving jeongguk with his enthusiasm and curiousity about his gorgeous wings.

"let's see what these things can do."

-

new cover

well wattpad ruined the quality but it's okay. let's keep it for some days before i make a new one :)