twenty three ;; exhausted

the creature was sprinting back to his house, he wanted to get away from taehyung as soon as possible cause he had doubts he might just get back and kiss him again.

small yet fat tears rushed back as he moved forward and it only took him some seconds to reach his house. he halted but couldn't balance himself on his feet.

he was on his knees, covering his face with both his palms as he cried his heart out. he finally had taehyung in his life, he finally was happy but again this.

so unfair.

he stayed outside and sobbed in his palms for a good amount of time before he walked in.

jeongguk carefully tip toed to his parent's room and sighed in relief when he saw both of them sleeping peacefully. he didn't want to but he slowly walked in with the same pace until he reached the nightstand.

he didn't know why but opened the drawer, super cautious about not to make sounds that disturbs his parents sleep and grabbed that gun.

he fished that in his jean pocket and pulled his t-shirt down, trying to not see it.

he had no single clue on what will he do with it or if this gun will have any importance in saving him but he just takes it and again walks away, not forgetting to steal a quick glance at his parents.

"i love you." he whispered. he was grateful to have these amazing people as his parents. he was lucky cause they left no stone unturned to save him. he was lucky to live this much. if it weren't for them, he might've just died the day he was born.

he was exhausted.

both physically and mentally.

he was done and all he wanted was to grab some sleep. this might be the last day when he has this comfy bed under him, this might be the last night he will see that ever favourite ceiling.

jeongguk couldn't see a tomorrow anymore.

he was practically dragging himself upstairs to his room but before he could crash in his own, he peeked in one appearing before his own one that belonged to his younger brother.

hearing those soft snores from the latter, he smiled before again making his way ahead. he knew his brother loved him as much but the situation was the only reason he reacted like that back then.

he knew that it wasn't from his heart. he loved him dearly.

the creature was tired crying and cursing his fate, he was done and he decided to not waste his time in all that tonight.

he had no idea on what's the government is planning. he had no clue on what's coming and he didn't care much either as he closed his eyes once he threw himself on the soft mattress.

he saw his parent's face, taehyung's face, his brother's face― he remembered the people he cared about before smiling to himself while one drop of tear rolled down from the corner of his left eye.

he didn't realize when his eyes gave up and he drifted off to his dreams.

the sun couldn't even rise when he slowly opened his eyes only to see people barging in, they had black uniforms on, had rifles in their hands, all pointed at jeongguk who just sat up.

"what―" he couldn't even finish his sentence when two of them walked ahead and grabbed his arms before pulling him with them downstairs.

"jeongguk, are you okay? did they do something?" his mom screamed out, glaring at the man standing at one corner in a tuxedo. the raven head couldn't remember but he saw him somewhere, he looked very familiar.

"i am alright, mom." he replied, his eyes boring in the man who was walking towards him with a weird gun in his hand.

"we need to take him before people know and ma'am don't worry, we won't harm him and try to keep him alive as long as we can." the man bowed his head by a few degrees and pushed the gun point on the crook of jeongguk's neck.

he pushed the trigger and that once, a neon blue liquid was inserted into the creature's blood stream. in a moment, jeongguk lost his consciousness.

"what did you do?" the woman growled and was about to punch that aforementioned man who explained, "don't worry, it's just a sedative and neutraliser. he won't be use his powers for a while even if he regains his senses."

"we don't know what he can do so we need to take all the safety measures." he said with the most bored tone ever and looked over his shoulder at jeongguk's father who was grabbing his wife's arm tightly.

he was the one who stopped her from attacking.

"will we ever get to see him again?"

"not trying to give you false hopes so i am going to say it depends," he pointed out, "if he stabilises, maybe you can but y'know the ending, we can't save him forever. the prophecy is turning true."

"jeongguk, oh dear―" she cried out, when they start taking the now unconscious jeongguk with them, "why my son only?"

"ma'am. get a grip on yourself. this had to be done. i am so sorry for your loss." the man said and turned around to join his men outside.

jeongguk's mother collapsed on the ground, his father joining her to console but nothing could ever calm her down. his younger brother was the only one to run outside, all crying.

his eyes were latched to the jeep jeongguk was pushed into and he couldn't but scream, "hyung, i am so sorry!"

"i love you."

jeongguk wasn't in his self to reply to that and was almost lifelessly laying on the seat with other people.

the man got into another car that was in front of the jeep and once it was moving, the vehicle carrying jeongguk, followed.

the man pulled out his walkie talkie and spoke, "half a mile before we part, over."

the both vehicles kept on moving until they passed half a mile and as planned, the one behind took the left turn while the car took the right one.

"you know what to do?"

"yes, sir." the ones who had the walkie talkies with them, replied that instant.

"make sure he doesn't survive, over."

-