twelve ;; life's a joke

"why do you want to know? there's nothing you could do about it." jeongguk asked looking away cause he somehow couldn't just make that eye contact.

"uh huh, tell me nah!" taehyung softly hit the other's shoulder who just managed to laugh, "okay will tell you later."

"promise." taehyung held his pinky finger out for the other who just subtly nodded and intertwined his own one with it.

"i promise." jeongguk murmured, but he knows some promises are hard to keep, so hard to keep that they end up being a lie and that's what he was doing, jeongguk was lying.

"promise me another thing." the human was still holding onto the other's pinky with his and looked up to give him a faint smile.

"what's that?"

"can't say that but you gotta promise me." taehyung kept those words to himself that he ain't telling anytime soon to which jeongguk didn't argue and flashed a smile, "fine."

-

"i need to tell mom and then we can go." jeongguk walked out of the campus and already could see their car at a distance waiting for him.

the human nodded and let go of the other's hand that he was holding, with fingers intertwined, the little warmth giving him weird feelings were finally gone.

"i am waiting for you." taehyung said pushing the other softly ahead and crossed his arms over his chest. all he wanted was jeongguk to come back as soon as possible so that he can take him where he wants.

"hey mom, i uhm―" jeongguk scratched the back of his neck and looked down as soon as his mom lowered the car window.

"what is it bub?" she asked from the driver's seat getting a hint that her son was getting shy. he looked behind him and saw a boy staring at him.

"is your friend waiting for you?" she assumed and jeongguk's face lit up. he was kinda unsure that she won't allow him almost everyday to get home all alone.

one day can be an exception.

"yep." jeongguk shook his head furiously and giggled, "how do you know?"

"i just know. now go, he is waiting for you. but also remember to get back before it's too dark, yeah?" she said starting the engine and the creature just flashed another big smile at her before running back to taehyung.

"awh i missed you, jeongguk." the human laughed intertwining their fingers again before they started walking again.

"it's just been two minutes since i was gone. what will you do when i will get executed, hmm?" jeongguk really thought it would be nice joke not realising how it
affected the other.

"what the hell!" taehyung yanked his hand off and started walking ahead in a fast pace leaving the other behind.

he just couldn't imagine jeongguk not there after he turned eighteen and that too for what? some stupid prophecy thing?

no, this wasn't going to happen.

he won't but 'how' is the question.

"

tae." the raven head was calling his name but he didn't stop and kept on marching forward, he was lost in his own thoughts and didn't notice a big electric pole in front.

jeongguk saw that his crush was just about to crash into the pole and wanted to get there before he could and like he wished, he did, his super speed was no joke.

"jesus, tae―" jeongguk back hugged the other stopping him in between before he could collide with the pole, totally startling the human.

"jeongguk, how did you get here so fast?" he noticed how the air moved beside him and rushed behind to occupy the empty space jeongguk created.

"what?" jeongguk asked and pretended that he didn't know anything about this

"lie one more time and i will kiss you." taehyung threatened, grabbing jeongguk's t-shirt, "you really don't want me to kiss you right?"

jeongguk laughed and shook his head no, "no, i don't want that."

"so tell me everything. how did you do that?" taehyung let go of the other's tee and looked just into his eyes that were turning purple once they met his own.

"magic." jeongguk said that earned him a glare, "say it jeongguk, or else i will just― i won't talk to you again."

well there you go, he got that weak nerve and just the right thing to manipulate.

"fine i will tell you."

"but let's first get somewhere else. these people―" jeongguk suddenly realized that it's not just them in the world and there were people. what if someone saw jeongguk's super speed.

that's gonna be bad.

he was frightened, he looked around and saw no one's attention was on them, there were people but maybe jeongguk was too fast for everyone to notice.

maybe.

or even if someone did see him, they would've thought it was a vampire and let it skip.

jeongguk sighed in relief and took a deep breath when taehyung was pulling him by his wrist.

they were walking or more precisely we can say that taehyung was dragging him in pure silence. they didn't exchange a single word until they reached a park near the human being's house.

"this isn't something special but at the same time it is special to me. whenever i feel lonely, i come here." taehyung finally started speaking.

they settled on one of the benches and stared at the clear sky above, "it's such a good day."

"uh huh, it is."

"but don't you try and chance the topic. tell me about what happened back then." taehyung squinted his brows at the other who giggled holding his hands up in the air, "yes sir."

"don't you joke jeongguk, tell me if you are feeling something unusual." taehyung wanted to know but what will he do by even knowing this? his father already denied to help him.

"what can you do? are you planning on sending me to the government before i turn 18, hmm?" jeongguk said in a joking manner, a small giggle afterwards.

"i said don't joke."

"what can i do? my whole life is a joke."

-

uh i updated lmao