four ;; in the parking lot

"wha-what do you mean by watching over you?" jeongguk stuttered, looking everywhere other than taehyung who giggled.

"you were so obvious. in the park, in the classroom. jimin noticed you first." taehyung explained and jeongguk swore, he never had the clue that taehyung knew about all these.

"oh. you know it then." the creature mumbled, looking down at his feet.

very embarrassed.

"im sorry."

"hey it's okay, you didn't do anything wrong or made me uncomfy, so there's nothing to apologize for. it's okay to like someone." taehyung smiled really wide, his boxy smile that the other loved so much.

"it's not like that― i've just." jeongguk trailed off, sighing softly cause there's no way he could lie at this point.

jeongguk was exposed.

but he had to come up with some excuses, "hey it's not that i like you in that way, it was just you were the only one who was nice to me in this whole damn campus and bogum was after you almost twenty four seven that's why― don't take it otherwise."

jeongguk lied. damn this was the first time he lied in this entire life.

"oh." taehyung snorted.

"if that's the case, then thank you again. it's really sweet of you." the human smiled at jeongguk, "and now that you did all these for me, let me do something in return."

"what? there's nothing you can do taehyung. but thanks anyway." jeongguk stuffed his hands in his jean pockets and suddenly felt all his tears rushing out.

his emotions were a mess at the moment, his love interest was in front of him, he almost figured it out that he likes him so much, only if he didn't give that bad excuse.

but there he was pushing him away.

what will happen if they become friends?

what will happen if they get closer?

what will happen if they get to be something more than friends?

the prophecy won't let him live so why get attached if you can't stay?

"jeongguk, my dad has a lot of connections, he probably can help you― " taehyung kicked the air with all his force and looked at the one who saved him from that alpha.

he walked closer smiled, "there's obviously something we can do, right? there must be some way!"

"you cared for me― it's enough." the creature let out the widest grin, "you don't have to do anything. i swear i got used to this and if there is more life than just eighteen years in my fate, then i will obviously live."

there was a moment of silence between them, the air was getting dense around and jeongguk just stared at the other.

his hair was looking so soft, he wanted to touch them. see if it was actually as soft as it looked.

"you were the first person ever to talk to me normally." he informed and couldn't resist himself anymore.

he reached out for taehyung's brown hair locks and ruffled it.

"better stay away from me kim taehyung, i might hurt you even if i would never intend to." he didn't waste any more time and ran away.

he didn't turn back to look at the one who was feeling so helpless.

he left taehyung there, totally baffled, not having the slightest clue on how can he do something about jeongguk to help him out of this situation.

he obviously didn't deserve this.

the human stared at the blue sky, his hazel eyes trying to find solace oh so desperately.

"oh how cruel this world is to you." he mumbled, no one present there to hear those words of sympathy cause jeongguk was long gone now.

the rest of the classes passed with taehyung stealing glances at the one whose fixed seat was the last one in the corner, totally separated as no one sits beside him.

a soft sigh left jeongguk's lips as he walked out of the campus. totally tired― he doesn't know why but all he wanted was a small nap.

so done with everything honestly. he just wants this year to be over already.

"how was your day, bub?" his mom asked when he got into the car.

"what do you expect me to say mom? that yeah it went good, made new friends and they are coming over today?" he never really talked like this until he was very pissed or very tired.

right now, it was the latter.

"you wanna grab something special to eat? how about your favorite banana milk?" she said starting the car before caressing her son's cheek.

"why didn't you kill me that day, mom? life would've been so easy for you, for dad―" he paused, looking out if the car window.

his eyes gleamed because of the lights passing by in a high speed.

"don't say that hun. don't lose hope." she said, guilt engulfing her wholely but she believed that her son will have a longer life than people said.

she believed that.

"can we drive back home? im not feeling well." jeongguk requested and his mom nodded, "of course but are you sure you feeling good? do you want me to take dr. kim's appointment?"

"no, mom. stop it. can you please for once normalize things and stop treating me like im a fucking baby!" the creature shouted out causing her to flinch at this.

he soon realized how he reacted. his mom obviously wants the best for him so shouting at her ain't gonna bring any good.

"i'm so sorry― i just, i'm so sorry mom." he apologized to which the lady smiled, nodding subtly.

"it's okay darling. i understand."

oh hell no! no one understands what goes inside jeongguk's head.

they were driving through the streets in pure silence; jeongguk humming to one of his favorite songs was the only sound from them aside those car horns, sirens outside.

"hey, is it okay if i grab some soy sauce from the shop ahead? it will take just two minutes." she asked and jeongguk nodded, "yeah sure."

she parked the car and leaving jeongguk in ran inside the store, trying her best to come back as soon as possible as her son wasn't feeling that good.

he knew it would take her around ten minutes cause the shopkeeper in that shop was lazy as well. even though his mom will rush but if the one in charge doesn't speed up, she is helpless.

he started taking deep breaths as he stood there, beside the car, looking at nothing in particular.

"man." someone tapped his shoulder and he turned around immediately.

everything happened to fast that he couldn't get a moment to comprehend.

all he understood was a pocket knife pressed against the skin of his throat.

double updated uwu