thirty ;; useless regrets

jeongguk stared at the ceiling with his mind full of thoughts about his family and boyfriend. how they are thinking he is dead while he is here alive.

"i miss you all so much." he murmured softly all to himself. his body was aching, as well as his head after focussing so hard practicing all day.

he closed his eyes, cuddling with the pillow while the coldness of the empty room hugged him tightly. a small sigh melted into the air as he smiled to himself hoping his future will be better and he can actually end whatever was going on around. a life with his loved ones. he hoped that to happen soon.

-

taehyung stabbed the scrambled eggs on his plate and kept on staring at the fork before his dad started speaking causing him to snap back to reality.

"i took a leave from work today. we will be spending some father son time together, yeah? you can skip classes today." namjoon asked putting the pudding in front of him in a hope that at least a smile will appear but nothing.

"i have important classes, dad. this isn't the time―" taehyung said instead and pushed the pudding aside also kept the fork on the plate cause he felt full but actually didn't eat even quarter of it.

"you will get sick, kiddo."

"i am alright dad," he said, "and i still didn't forgive you, probably never will but you're my dad and i love you?"

taehyung was a mess honestly.

he doesn't know what he is saying half of the time and if this keeps on going like this, he might actually just go crazy.

"tae." his father called, his voice smaller than ever. he was upset over the death news as well and regretted not even trying to do anything but even if he did, he alone couldn't do it.

taehyung wasn't mad about it.

the boy was mad because his father didn't even try once. he straight up judged him like other people did.

that's the thing the brunet couldn't forget.

"your apologies or even your regrets won't bring him back, dad. i am sorry if i am being too disrespectful― i just," taehyung pulled himself to his feet and walked up to his father only to momentarily hug him tightly.

"you didn't do anything then, but now do something. i am tired seeing all the people laughing about jeongguk being dead, i am tired hearing that he is better dead and what not? dad―" he cried out, his tears streaming down uncontrollably, in torrents.

"do something. i want those people to know how my jeongguk really was." taehyung sobbed even harder, his dad patting his back as he felt like the worst father ever.

"we will do something, bub. now stop crying and get some rest." namjoon said seeing how sleep deprived the younger one looks.

he was getting so weak as well.

"really? you can do something about this? you can?" he bombarded him with questions and namjoon just nodded, "yes, young man, i will do something. now please get some sleep."

"okay, but please work something out, dad. it's suffocating to live like this." taehyung uttered, wiping the tears with both his palms.

taehyung practically dragged himself to his room and closed the door before slowly getting to his bed. he was knackered at this point and he just needed some sleep.

soon he knocked himself out.

-

"impressive chosen one, you're getting quicker each day." yoongi said seeing jeongguk's flashes as he moved around the room with all his speed.

yoongi saw how his figure was disappearing and appearing due to the velocity and smiled at the improvement.

"you wanna know what you can do more other than having super speed, strength and insight?" the vampire asked when jeongguk stopped running.

"sure!" he chirped, panting a little bit.

"nah let's just keep it a surprise." the other one in the practice room laughed that made the other frown and settle on the chair nearby.

"then why did you ask, huh?" the creature let out a chuckle. even though they had a crazy age difference but gradually they were getting along, jeongguk considered yoongi like his big brother.

"do you really think i can stand up to their expectations? like everyone's counting on me. i am scared i might just y'know disappoint?" jeongguk's insecurities kicked in.

like the one who never fought for himself suddenly gets the responsibility of saving the whole realm on his shoulders.

pretty harsh and pressurising to be very honest but nothing to do now.

"what if i say i believe in you?"

"you do?" jeongguk smiled.

"i do, you kid― you aren't doing this because you need to, you are doing this for yourself, for the ones you love and know that, when your motives are clear, you will get it done. you sure will." yoongi walked up to him and patted his shoulder.

"just believe in yourself."

"can we tell my parents and taehyung about me not dying? like it's absolutely heartbreaking to see them like this." jeongguk asked, not able to see them suffering anymore.

"look i know what you're feeling but just get a hold kid, people might just get to know about you." yoongi assumed while jeongguk shook his head no, disagreeing.

"they might not, i mean if they won't tell anyone― how will people know? and i know they won't make that mistake."

"you want to tell them? uh," yoongi gave this a thought.

"on one condition," the vampire spoke, "they can't know your location. they can't know you are here."

"they won't, i promise."

"this better not be a bad decision, chosen one. i am trusting you."