45~ Somewhere

It is never too late to start anything

Sewa was perturbed. She wished she had rejected Lanre's request in going out with her. Here she was rummaging her box; in fact all of her clothes in her box were scattered on her bed.

She didn't have any good outfit she could wear. She didn't know why she was bothered by what she wore when she knew it would obviously not change his opinion about her. She placed her hands on her waist as she stared at her clothes.

She wished she was chanced yesterday, she would have gone to the market to get an appropriate dress. She didn't want to wear any exposing outfit so as not to give him any reason to call her names.

She decided to settle down for an high waist black Jean and white crop top hoodie. She wore her palm sandal and carried her small black bag. She looked too plain, she thought to herself but she shrugged it off.

The fact she would have to waste money to go meet him at the destination he gave to her annoyed her. She didn't find it too convenient to go to Lekki all the way from Lago island. For the past three years, she had learnt how to manage money and when to use them and when not to use them.

She saved money most likely especially because of her daughter. Once her daughter turns three, she was planning to enrol her in a private school where she'd be properly taken care of. The bus dropped Sewa at her destination and she dialed Lanre's number to let him know she had arrived.

After waiting for more than twenty minutes under the hot sun, Lanre finally came. He wound down his car glass and told her get in She frowned, she believed he intentionally made her wait under the hot sun before coming to her.

She opened the door then let herself in. She wondered where he was taking her too. "Good afternoon to you too," Lanre said with a smirk. He was around the area when she called him but delayed intentionally because he wanted to punish her.

Sewa said nothing to him as she fixed her arms across her chest. "Someone seem to be in a bad mood but why am I not surprised?" He asked with a questioning brows before igniting the car. As he drove he expected to hear her speak but heard nothing.

"Why are you mad? Are you seriously so against being in the same room as I?" He asked. Sewa turned to look at him, "You need to grow up seriously. You can't just keep treating me as if I am nothing and this attitude of yours is stupid!" She spat out.

She has been holding it in for too long and she felt great telling him a bit of her mind. Lanre clicked his tongue before chucking lightly. "Where did that attitude get me to? I don't think you are in any position to lecture me because you need them most," he retorted.

"Stop the car and let me go back home. You are really annoying yet you do not know that! You think I will keep tolerating you talk down on me? Stop the car!" She shouted making Lanre put his foot on the break.

"Get lost!" He retorted. Although she felt her heart break, she didn't let that show, she removed the seatbelt then got out of the car, making sure to slam the door hard.

Lanre heaved a deep sign as he rubbed his face with his handkerchief. He felt bad speaking to her with an unpleasant tone and it annoyed him he still cared about he feelings. He got down from his car and walked to her.

Sewa frowned once she saw him. "Get back in," he demanded making Sewa scoff. "Excuse you? Do I work for you or what? You don't get to boss me around." she stated firmly.

Lanre put his hands in his pants pocket, "Not at all, I do not. But get back in and let's talk like two civilized people."

"I do not feel like. Infact I do not want to," she said sternly.

"Do not make me force you and besides let's spare ourselves the public display of what I have in mind," he warned.

"Don't come near me at all! I did not want to come here with you neither did I want stand beside you but you make it feel like I am the most bad person in this world. Come on, are you the first guy to get his heart broken? I know I did wrong cheating on you but that's three f**king years ago and you should have moved on!" She chided.

"I cheated on you and yes I admit to it. I was a cheat and a lier but that doesn't give you the right to use that against me whenever you feel like! The most painful part of it is that I still love you even with all the embarrassment I get from you!" She exclaimed before realising the words she had just said. The people walking on the road stared at them and in shame Lanre exhaled.

Lanre found it hard to believe when she admitted she loved him. "Sewa let's speak privately," he said through gritted teeth.

"I do not feel like. I am done with your behaviour and I am not especially done with your opinion about me."

He felt bad, he really felt terrible for his behaviour and wished he hadn't made her angry. This proved to him he still cared deeply about her.

"Let's talk." He said calmly.

"Talk about what to be precise? You want to talk about how I slept with other men while with you or the fact I fucked your brother and acted like the victim or the fact I was about to sleep with the president of Nigeria, which one is it?" She asked sarcastically.

"Everything!" He exclaimed. "Let's talk about everything."

"Fine, but the moment you start saying rubbish about me, I promise to leave," she warned and be nodded his head in understanding.

"Why did you bring me to a beach?" She asked as soon as they paid the gate fee.

"Because we need the sea breeze to refresh our mind. I wasn't planning on bringing you here but it would be nice walking on the beach with out feet while holding our hands," Lanre explained.

Sewa shivered lightly from the voice Lanre used; deep yet suave. He interlace their hands together, Sewa looked at their locked fingers yet made no attempt to take her hands away. Lanre leaned in and whispered in her ear, "Do no take this special, we are just here to talk and act like people who just got to know one another."

Although he was telling her not to think think anything special about his act, she couldn't help but think there might be hope for them.

"I do not want to hear anything about the past, so let's act like every other people today and smile a lot." Although he was telling her that, he was actually telling himself to forget his past pain and enjoy the moment.

He just couldn't believe after all she did to him, he was still in love with her and he wondered what she had in her that made him so hooked.

Awwww, it seems our babies are getting somewhere.

Sewa finally spoke up and I'm glad.

What do you think will happen next?

Vote, comment and share.