9~ Invasion

Better late than never************************************

************************************

Lanre looked at the caller ID of Sewa's phone, he wondered why the commissioner of Port Harcourt was calling her by this time of the night.

Could something have happened to her mother and siblings, he was curious, just as he was about to answer the phone call, Sewa's voice stopped him.

"What are you doing with my phone?" Sewa asked, her voice came out crude and harsh, making Lanre confused.

"Are you invading my privacy now?!" She asked, clearly pissed but mostly because of her guilty conscience pricking her.

She was nervous within her and scared and she had no other choice but to act the way she was acting now.

"Why are you speaking this way? Your phone was ringing and i had no other option but to answer it and tell them to call back later considering you weren't around. Why would I invade your privacy? And you don't have to be rude you know," Lanre lamented.

Sewa scoffed, "Rude? Now I'm rude, do I go around checking your phone contacts and answering your phone calls?" She spat out taking Lanre by shock. He wondered the reason for her nonchalant behaviour suddenly.

His brows scrunched as he tried figuring out what was wrong with her, was she suddenly on her period? He thought. He rubbed his eyes with his fingers, trying to calm his nerves.

"You know you don't have to..." Sewa's harsh voice cut him off in a way that made him Confused. "Just hold it! You have to stop with all this Mr perfect and gentleman attitude. I am your girlfriend doesn't give you the right to intrude my privacy or go through my phone!" She lashed out.

Lanre tried understanding her, he thought maybe she could be going through some issues because of her attitude. So he maintained a calm posture trying to help her out, "Are you going through any issue, you can talk to me you know?" He asked, his voice came out low but held concern in them.

Sewa got pissed, she was looking for means to tell him off and for him to shout on her but he wasn't doing any of it and was doing the opposite of what she expected. How can a man be this weak when it came to the person he loved? She thought. She expected him to shout at her and argue with her so she'd use that as the perfect opportunity to end the relationship while they were in a heated argument but instead he was acting cool and asking what her problem was.

"You have issues and my problem is you!" She shouted, catching Lanre off guard.

"How? I don't get you?" He asked. Sewa face palmed herself, where did they get Lanre from? He had such a good heart and she was too damaged to be saved, no matter how much she wanted to keep him for herself, she knew he deserved better.