AUTHORS NOTE

I am so grateful to the point I am speechless.

I want to say a very big thank you to all my supportive readers and even to the silent readers thank you.

But to my loud readers, who has shown their support always and spamed me with comments, I love you all.

God bless you all.

Questions

~ Who is your favorite character

~ What you loved most about the characters

~ Your opinion about the characters and this book entirely.

~ Your opinion about Tunji

~ Your opinion about Sewa

~ Your opinion about Lolade.

My dear readers, most of you were asking if I would write other books.

I have other works asides this book.

~ Against all odds (Teen fic)

~ A Nigerian love story (Short story)

~ Regret ( Young adult fiction)

~ C.H.E.M.I.S.T.R.Y (Teen fiction)

I have so many drafted works and I tell you, they include romance and teen fic.

The rest of my works are completed except for C.H.E.M.I.S.T.R.Y it's currently ongoing with five chapter.

Show your love and support ❤️

Here is the prologue of C.H.E.M.I.S.T..R.Y

PROLOGUE

Year 2016

As a child growing up, we get eager to become teenagers. We get eager to finish secondary school and further more into the university which we believe is the first stage to becoming an adult.

While growing, it gets to a point where we wish time would move fast so we can be adults and do things we couldn't do as a child. When most adults complains about how hard it is for them as adult, we the kids and teenager's feel they are unreasonable.

With time, we get to realise, the more we grow, the more the challenges, obstacles and the more pain we encounter to truly show we are growing. The harsh experience of life sometimes makes us wish we weren't alive and while some survives it and become conqueror, most fall into depression.

What does it mean to be a teenager? For most people, being a teenager means the world to them. They feel they've arrived and look forward to having more experience while for some that stage turns out to be their worse nightmare, that stage becomes the stage they wish they never existed.

For some other people being a teenager means they've just started their life journey and whatever becomes their future starts from that stage and that's the category I fall under.

I sat down on the beach sand watching the waves of the beach and people inside and outside of the water. Everywhere was crowded, while most people were lurking around the water, some were in it and for some reason I had so many thoughts running through my mind. I turned thirteen a week ago and suddenly a question popped up in my head. While I tried to wrap the question and give answer to it, I just couldn't think of the right answer.

Where do I see myself in the next ten years? What will I be doing and how sure am I that I would be alive to see the next ten years? While most people would believe by then, they'd be through with the university, working or either married, I saw it as the opposite for me.

Life doesn't work the way we want it and most times it does but how can you make things work your way without damaging another? My mother always said I think too much for my age, she always tells me to act like a child while I can and live the future to handle itself.

The presence of my mother snapped me back to reality as I took in a deep breath and I exhaled. I smiled as I looked at my mother. She sat down beside me on the sand and wrapped her arms around me, pulling me closer to her. I felt at ease as I laid my head on her shoulder.

"Victoria, Do not think too much, I might not be around to easily ease you of your worries," She said to me. I chuckled, "Stop it mother, you won't leave me until you are old and gray," I said to her. My mother looked very young even though she was in her early forties. One would easily mistake her for a lady under twenty three because she wasn't fat, she saw slim and tall with beautiful long hairs I wished I had.

"Victoria," She heaved a deep sigh. "Remember that you cannot count on destiny forever. Write your destiny and stop worrying alot. Most times you can't figure fate but you can decide how to live." This was my mother's favourite word. She always reminded me to live the way I deem fit and forget about the obstacles on the way.

The sound of a siren woke me up in a frantic state. The cold freeze that made it way into my room through the window graze my skin. I wondered if it was about to rain because the wind was too strong. I walked towards the window to close it, then I walked out of my room to see where the siren sound was coming from. Fear gripped me once I saw my mom in the arms of my dad, with two men dressed in medical attires. "Do not leave me Vanessa!" My father cried out as he rushed towards the door.

My eyes widened as my heart seized to breath, my legs were numb suddenly and all I could do was cry silently. I couldn't comprehend anything yet but I knew my mother was in danger. Finally realising what was happening, I felt my legs and ran towards them, forgetting to shut the door as I rushed towards the ambulance. Mom was already in it and dad was about to get in too. "Dad!" I called out and he turned to look at me.

"What...what..." I stuttered, tears rolling down my cheek profusely. Never have I been so useless until today. "Tori, stay inside, I will be back soon. Do not panic." That was all he said to me before entering the ambulance and leaving me in confusion.

I paced around in the house, praying within me with tears rolling down my cheek. My heart was shattered, the thought of my mother never coming back filled my head and I regretted it. My mother had warned me against negative thoughts but that was all that I seem to think of everytime.

Dad didn't come home until the next day and when he did, he looked like a mess. My chest tightened as my stomach churned. I didn't know why I felt something bad happened but the look on dad's face gave it all and even though i knew it might break my heart, I asked, "Dad is mom dead?"

The way he burst out in tears gave me my answer and I crumbled to the floor, crying in pain and a pounding headache.

What do you think of this?

Hurry and join the ride.