13~ Voices

Do not hide your feelings when you are pained, say it all out and by all means be heard***************************************

***************************************

Sewa tossed and turned on her bed, she couldn't sleep and it was all because of Lanre. She blamed it all on Lanre.

Why was he so stubborn lately? She asked herself. Lanre of a month ago wouldn't do all of this, it was as if someone brainwashed him.

She groaned frustratingly as she sat down on her bed. There was no way, she'd let him sleep if she couldn't sleep.

She wondered what he was doing now, could he be sleeping? She thought to herself.

She got off her bed. She was going to make sure he doesn't sleep if she didn't. She smirked as she stood on his door, knowing what to do.

She sat don on the floor, holding unto her ankle then cried out in pain.

"Ouch!" She cried out. "My ankle! My..." She feigned hurt, making sure her cries were loud enough to get Lanre's attention.

"My..it hurts," she cried out again. After a while Lanre opened the door to his room.

He looked at Sewa who sat on the floor crying out in pain. "Are you alright?" He asked her.

He felt stupid asking her that question when he could see she was in pain. He squatted down to attend to her.

"What happened? How did you fall?" He asked her with worry laced on his tone.

"I was...I was.." she cried out. Lanre touched the place she was holding and she winced in pain.

"Ouch!" She feigned hurt.

"I'm sorry. What did you say happened to you again?" He asked her.

Sewa felt warmth in her belly, Lanre was giving her the attention she wanted and she squealed mentally that her plan was working.

"I was scared, the room..." She trailed off looking for the perfect lie to tell him.

Lanre scrunched his eyebrows at her. He wondered what happened in the room. "The room...I felt like there was...I..." She was looking for the perfect excuse to use and convince him into letting her stay in his room.

"I don't get you, did something happen?" He asked her.

"I am scared of sleeping," she whispered. "It was dark and I felt as if I was hearing voices," she muttered.

Lanre chuckled, voices?  "Voices? Really Sewa?" He chuckled again. The almighty and fierce Sewa was scared. The look on her face made him laugh out loud.

It was rare to see Sewa in a vulnerable state. Sewa frowned when she saw him laughing, she wondered if her plan had been discovered.

"What's...what's funny?" She stuttered.