48~ The conversation

Just when you think you've reached it, something comes up

Sewa, Lolade and Denny all settled down inside her small room. Sewa sat down on the small stool close to her window with her daughter on her lap. She felt at ease holding her child after a long time.

"What is it you want to tell me?" Sewa asked Denny as Lolade search through the house looking for something to it.

"Se..." Lolade's voice cut Denny off making Denny frown. "Sister mhi, is there no food in the house?" She asked looking through the cupboard.

Sewa heaved a deep sigh, "I wasn't around to prepare any and I didn't know you guys were coming," She said.

"So I won't get to eat?" Lolade asked.

Sewa stood up on her feet with her baby tiny hands wrapped around her neck. "I will go and buy you food to eat. For now I can't cook and besides I haven't eaten myself."

She suddenly regretted passing her annoyance on the food Lanre bought for her. She walked towards the door with her child in her arms to get food. "Mummy I want happy hour," Pearl requested.

"Okay." Sewa replied simply, walking out of the door with Denny following her behind. As they walked down the stairs, neither of them said anything to themselves until they reached the food vendor opposite her building.

Denny wrinkled her nose as she looked at the place Sewa wanted to get food for them for. Men and woman, young boys and girls all surrounded the woman while shouting their order to get attention from the woman selling. "Mama Razaq I dey here since na, abeg answer me!" A random man shouted, complaining that he had been here for a long time but got no attention.

"Ejo, ma binu." The woman pleaded, attending to a young woman who was telling her her order. "I can't wait for this, let's go to chicken republic or KFC or mega chicken to get food, what is this?" Denny complained bitterly as she watched the environment with annoyance.

"Keep calm. Mama Razaq cooks the best food here. Forget those places you just mentioned, it's just the environment, not all are palatable to the mouth." Sewa defended.

After a while, it got to Sewa turn and they placed their order. They returned back to their room with three polythene nylon in their hands. Lolade sighed, "Finally!" She exclaimed.

"I was starting to think you lost your way," She muttered, walking to get he food from Denny's hand. "You have not changed you this girl," Denny chided making Lolade chuckle.

"That's why I am unique, don't you think?" She smirked making Sewa scoffed. Sewa sat down on the floor, placing Pearl opposite her. Pearl stretched her happy hour drink for her mother to open for her. "Mummy please help me," She pleaded. With a smile on Sewa's face, she did as told.