51~ I still love her

Even if I get hurt by love, I do not mind falling in love again

Lanre drove with speed back to his house. The people on the street who saw how he drove thought he was a mad man who wanted to die and the people driving on the road insulted and called him names for driving recklessly.

He was hurt and confused. Everything was messed up and he didn't know why and how to start. Once he drove past his gate, he parked his car recklessly, taking long strides into his house.

The images of Sewa and the Senators son filled his mind and he punched the wall furiously. His knuckles began to bleed but he felt no pain or rather was numb to the pain. He pushed his door hard and slammed it making Tunji who was sleeping on the couch jump up. "Shit! Lanre what's your problem!" Tunji spat out. Lanre inhaled and exhaled, his breath struggling to move in sync. His heart was beating in his chest while he felt as if someone was drumming in his head.

"I...I..." He wanted to speak yet found each words hard to pronounce. "Aish!" He shouted frustratingly, raking his fingers through his hair. Tunji began to worry for his brother sudden behaviour. The last time he saw him like this was when he broke up with Sewa.

Lanre almost went insane, beating himself up. He couldn't sleep, eat neither was he able to move properly for a week. His parents had to come over once Tunji informed them of Lanre's condition. His mother hated Sewa from the day she met her son in a state she couldn't comprehend, she wanted to go find Sewa and deal with her but was stopped by Tunji and her husband.

"Lanre, what happened?" Tunji asked him, his voice lower than earlier. Lanre said nothing, all he did was groan and that bothered Tunji. "What is wrong with you? Speak to me!" Tunji demanded. Lanre attitude was starting to annoy him.

"Tell me who hurt you and I will hurt them back!" Tunji demanded as his voiced echoed loud in the room. "She's back," Lanre muttered confusing Tunji.

"It hurts." Tears welled up in Lanre's eyes yet none of it dropped as he wished. "What hurts? Who hurt you?" Tunji asked him, squatting down so he could be on the same level as Lanre.

"She's back, it...it hurts yet...yet..." Lanre clenched his fist, he was so pained that thinking of it hurt him badly. His stomach churned as if it was being burnt on the inside.

"Who is she...? Tunji asked, his hunch telling him it was Sewa yet he wanted to confirm from Lanre himself. Noticing that Lanre wasn't saying anything, he urged him, "Tell me!" Tunji noticed blood stains on the tiled floor and traced them only to realise Lanre's Knuckles was bleeding. "Who did you fight with?" Tunji asked him inquisitively.

"No one." Lanre answer came out short and firm and that baffled Tunji the more. "For fuck sake, tell me what's going on!" Tunji shouted. "What is wrong with you? Are you a baby or what? What is it with you that you cannot control your feelings!" Tunji was aggravated. The fact Lanre said nothing but act like a weakling annoyed him.