37~ Twist

Just when you think everything will be fine, another problem arises

***************************************

Lolade choked then she hiccuped. She thought she might have heard the doctor wrongly, so she asked him to repeat what he said.

"She is seven weeks pregnant," the doctor stated firmly, just then a loud sound got the attention of everyone in the room.

Sewa's mother had just come in that time with food and drinks for Sewa only to hear her first daughter who was just 21 years old was seven weeks pregnant. She dropped the food on the floor as she glanced at Sewa and then the doctor.

Sewa heard pounding on her head as if the witches in her village was attacking her. Tears streamed down her face from the message she just heard. It was as if karma had come for her; one drama to another without giving her a break.

"Doctor you mean my daughter is pregnant?" Sewa mother asked wanting to confirm again. Her heart sank from the word.

"Sewa is pregnant?" Lolade asked rhetorically as she raked her hands through her hair.

The Doctor watched them all with confusion as they kept asking him a question he had answered over there times now. "That being said, she needs to be extra careful and she must not take any drug during this period, if she feels any pain, she should visit the hospital. I will leave you all to talk," The doctor said leaving the room to give them privacy.

Denny inhaled and exhaled, she kept trying to breath properly as the issue on ground was an unforeseen circumstances. She wondered who the father could be but she knew it wasn't yet time to start asking Sewa.

Sewa held unto the bed sheet as she cried out loud. She felt like dying and not waking up. Pregnancy was the last thing of her list, she never expected it.

The silence is the room was deafening and awkward. None of them tried looking at one another's eyes. Sewa felt numb, she wondered why she had to go through all this trouble now.

Sewa's mother picked up her food from the floor then she walked towards Sewa with it. She passed it to Lolade to hold, while she sat down on the bed beside Sewa then she wrapped her arms around her.

"It's okay to cry, I am here," she said to Sewa. Sewa eyes met her mother and she felt pain instantly. Everything was ruined in less than a week, her life came crashing down and she couldn't do anything about it.

"It's going to be fine. Cry out all your pain, do not hold any because I am right here to console you," her mother said to her.

Lolade also went to sit down beside Sewa then she wrapped her arms around her sister, consoling her with words while Sewa cried till her heart couldn't take it anymore.

It's been two days since Sewa returned home, two days and she refused eating but was forced to because of the baby. The past two days felt like hell for her, no matter how hard she tried, memories of what Lanre said to her haunted her.