57~ Wet

Dedicated to lassie_butter

Warning; Things are about to get hot and steamy so if you are still a child, kindly cover your eyes and scroll pass 😂

It was about to rain and in the middle of the road, Sewa and Lanre stood opposite one another, neither attempting to speak after Sewa's last statement.

Sewa felt stupid for speaking without thinking but she had already said it and there was no taking back. Her eyes glistened with tears as they threatened to come out anytime soon.

Lanre opened his mouth to speak but kept quiet. He wanted to tell her Adunni wasn't his girlfriend but suddenly lost the urge to. He could see pain in her eyes and his chest clenched. Their relationship was toxic to begin with yet they dived in until they were deep in the sea, struggling to get back up to the top of the sea.

It was a choking silence between Lanre and Sewa as either attempted to say anything; not because they couldn't but because they didn't know the right words to say.

After some minutes of endless nothing, Sewa decided to take her leave but was pulled back by Lanre. The cloud rumbled, a flash of lightning in the cloud and Sewa and Lanre knew it was about to rain once again.

The chilly wind sent a jolt of electricity down Sewa's spine, she was starting to feel cold. Lanre's hand were holding Sewa's wrist. "She is not my girlfriend." He muttered after a while.

Sewa was speechless. She didn't know what to say or how to react. "She is someone my parents want me to marry," he added.

"Her name is Adunni. I do not like her at all or I meant to say I like her but not more than friendship."

The skin between Sewa's brows creased before she raised her brows in a questioning manner. "What should I do?" She shrugged making Lanre heave a deep sigh.

Lanre swallowed the lump in his throat. He suddenly felt his mouth dry and found himself in short of words. Her reply weakened him to the bone. "I...Why did you leave?" He asked her. The conversation was starting to become hard. Both of them were struggling with words and how to address their issue.

Sewa heaved a deep sigh, she pulled her hand from Lanre's, suddenly missing his hold on her but she shrugged it off. "Lanre, let me tell you this. I know you are trying to play me, to make me pay for what I did to you three years ago. I know it all." 

Lanre was confused. He didn't understand anything of the word she just uttered, not at all. 

"That lady in there is your girlfriend and I know you do not like me at all because all I did was hurt you but this..." She trailed off pointing him and then her. "This thing you plan on doing is useless. You...you do not have to hurt me you know."