Epilogue

Dedicated to ivory_inkletCheck on her book, it's nice

Check on her book, it's nice.

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. Sewa's life started with laughter, contentment and fulfilment and in a blink of an eye, everything vanquished.

The bitter reality dawned on her and then she realised life on the other side wasn't as rosy as it was with her father.

She carried the responsibility of being the first child to her family and did everything in her power to make sure they were living a stable and comforted life even at the risk of her own life.

If someone had told her five years ago, she would finally find happiness away from prostitution, she'd laugh it off as she thought she was too deep to be save. It was already a part of her and she had come to love the life of a prostitute

As she looked at the ceiling in her room with her back laying on the bed, she recalled her life from as a child to now. From happiness to sadness then back to happiness.

When she told her mother she was bringing home a man, her mother was delighted, although she was astonished at first. The meeting with her mother and Lanre went well, better than she expected.

Before she went with Lanre to visit her mother, she told her mother he was the father of Pearl and the questions that followed thereafter gave Sewa migraine.

Hope he is not marrying you because of your child? Hope nothing happened? Why does he have to marry you? Are you sure about this? Will you be happy? Is he the right one for you?

As Sewa listened to her mother's little rant, she said nothing at all. An unexpected visitor came yesterday and his approach was unexpected by Sewa.

Tunji had come to visit and when he did, Sewa lost her composure. Her heart beat in trepidation, beads of sweat formed on her forehead, her palms become sweaty.

"Good... afternoon," she choked on her word.

Tunji took in a deep breath and exhaled. He looked at her and she did the same before he shrugged off the ill feeling he had for her in the pit of his belly.

"Good afternoon." He replied curtly.

"Uhm...your brother is not around," she said to him, her voice lower than she anticipated.

"I'm not here for my brother. I am here to speak with you." His words were firm.

"Me? Is there a problem?" She asked him, inquisitive to know what he had to say yet worried that he might be here to warn her off his brother.

"Yes there is."

"And that is?" She asked, preparing herself to hear ill words about her and her past life from his mouth.