36~ Complications

It is always possible to approach a goal by a detour

***************************************

Sewa opened her eyes slowly to the blurry faces of her friend Denny and younger sister Lolade.

At first, she thought she was seeing things until her eyes completely opened and she saw them. "Sewa, can you see me?" Lolade asked with an hint of worry laced on her tone and concern expression on her face.

When she had come back home, she was surprised to see her older sister lieing on the floor looking lifeless. She screamed as she squats down to see if she was still breathing. Tears began to roll down her cheek as she wondered what to do, she took her phone out of her purse and dialed her mother's number before she looked around for her sister's phone to dial Denny.

She cried as she shook Sewa lightly begging her not to die. Although she acted as if she hated her sister, she would never wish her sister died.

Sewa groaned lightly from the pain she felt on her head and body before recalling what had happened to her.

"Ola please don't go! Ola please don't leave me! I'm so sorry! I love you, if you leave me I will die! I've given up everything! I am not longer a prostitute!" She spoke on top of her voice as she went after him, her heart beating really fast and her head pounding.

Just as he left the door, she missed a step, her eyes became blurry as she suddenly felt an heavy pain in her chest, then she collapsed.

Tears streamed down her eyes as she recalled it making Lolade and Denny wonder what had happened to her. "Sewa why are you crying?" Denny asked with concern. It was rare to see Sewa cry, Sewa never cried no matter how tough the situation was for her.

"Sewa what's wrong? What happened!" Lolade asked with an hint of frustration laced on her tone. She wasn't used to seeing her sister breaking down. Infact it was always Sewa to carry them all no matter how tough it was and now that her sister was helpless in front of her, she couldn't help but worry.

A drop of tears rolled down Lolade's cheek as watched her sister cry out. She didn't know what was baffling her and that was what made it worse.

"Sewa speak up na! Why are you crying? What happened that you fainted?" Denny asked her. They were all worried yet Sewa said nothing.

All Sewa thought of was Ola and she wished it was all a dream. The words he said to her pierce through her soul like a two edge sword. You are just a lier and a prostitute! Those words kept repeating in her head.

It was as if she lost it all in a day, she couldn't think straight, she looked at the white wall opposite her as if looking for answer from it but she was getting none.