53~ Enough

It's one problem to another because that's life for you, so how do you plan on solving every problem?

Dedicated to dianekleine

Lanre sat down in the coffee shop patiently as he waited for his brother Tunji to come. It's been three days since Lanre asked Sewa on a date and he felt a gush of relieve down his spine when she said yes.

Due to some reason which she came up with, they decided to postpone the date to this week Saturday.

He knew he took a big step yet he was ready for the challenges ahead. He wanted to let Tunji know of his plans and most importantly get his support. He knew how much Tunji hated Sewa; Tunji does not dislike Sewa, he hated her and Lanre knew very well the reason why.

Although Lanre knew of Tunji feelings towards Sewa, he wanted his brothers support and approval. He was nervous he wouldn't be able to go too far if Tunji didn't approve of him and Sewa. His mother who hadn't met Sewa disliked her and that was because of what happened three years ago.

Time without number, Lanre asked himself why he wanted her. He asked himself why her of everyone. The thought baffled him and he wondered why it was so. He had dated girls in the past and even when the relationship ended, he got back on his feet and moved on just like every human being but Sewa own was different.

She hurt him, hurt him in a way he couldn't imagine. She damaged him, she made him useless for months and while he thought his hate for her grew, it was his love for her that made him want to hate her but he couldn't.

Tunji placed his hands on his brothers back. Lanre turned around to see who placed their palm on his back and once he saw his brother he sighed in relieved. He was in a confused situation, so many thought in his mind that he couldn't think straight.

"Good evening," Lanre greeted his brother. The skin between his brows creased as he held unto the hand of his mug tightly. He knew he wanted to speak to Tunji but now that Tunji was here, he couldn't think of what to say. He wasn't scared of his brother but he was scared of hurting his brother and that was his biggest problem- he was scared of hurting everyone.

After Tunji placed his order, him and Lanre sat down in awkward silence. Both had so much in their mind; Tunji didn't want his brother to go astray anymore while Lanre wanted his brothers support.

"So..." The both of them spoke at the same time before realising.

"Go on," Lanre urged his brother. "No you first." Tunji urged him.