18~ Heartfelt stories

I smile around you because everything about you is amazing

***************************************

"I was shocked when I heard someone called my name, she was like Olarewaju, is that you? I knew that voice but it was different compared to the one I knew. I turned around and I met her, my first girlfriend Tumise. To be honest I was surprised, she had turned out to be so different from that tiny girl to some chubby thick skinned girl," Lanre lamented.

Sewa furrowed her brows when she heard him say his first girlfriend. When he started telling her  his story of what happened two weeks ago, she was curious of knowing how he spent weeks without her only to realise a girl was involved.

Her heart began to beat faster, she started imagining stuffs, she wondered why Lanre was suddenly telling her how his weeks of their seperation went by. Did he sleep with another? Never had she ever been worried about Lanre cheating on her, after all she was never loyal.

The thought pricked her and she wondered if she'd be able to look at him for weeks, she thought of the pain he'd go through once he found out about her other side.

"We talked for some seconds and then I asked her if she have had lunch, she said no, so I took her to a nearby restaurant so we could catch up," Lanre said.

Sewa was starting to get irritated although she was curious, she wasn't sure she was prepared for the worse.

"It was nice catching up with her, back in secondary school, she used to be very shy, I remembered how she couldn't look me in the eyes after our first kiss for days," He chuckled.

Sewa stylishly removed Lanre's hand from her waist, she was starting to feel uncomfortable. She didn't want to show any reaction but she couldn't help him.

She suddenly lost interest in whatever he was saying as she didn't want to hear more knowing she might not be ready for what he has to say.

"Is something wrong?" Lanre asked Sewa when he noticed her shifting slightly from him.

"Nothing, I'm just bored of your story," She replied.

"Really? I just..." She cuts him off.

"You don't have to tell a story of how  you met your ex girlfriend and how she looked like or tell me how you almost reunited with her until I came back!" She spat out without realising she was speaking with anger.

Lanre was confused for a moment, what did he say wrong? He was telling her because he wanted to let her know she invited him for her small birthday party this week saturday.