47~ Nothing

We are moving forward yet we do not know where we are going to

Goal of this chapter: 200 votes

Sewa held unto the fork for a minute she took no note of but Lanre noticed her sudden attitude. She wasn't eating, instead she was twirling her fork in the spaghetti.

His words echoed in her head like he used microphone to say it. She made no attempt to lift her face up neither eat the food in front of her as she tried to calm her nerves. His words had pierced through her skin like she was cut with a two edge sword.

"Is something wrong?" Lanre asked. He just couldn't help but look at her and her sudden behaviour. Sewa raised her head up a bit and her eyes swiftly met with Lanre's eyes. She looked back at her food before replying, "I'm fine." She muttered. Her voice almost breaking as the pain she felt in her chest was hindering her from speaking perfectly well.

"You haven't touched your food for a while now, so..." Sewa rudely interrupted him. "I'm fine. Act like there is nobody here!" She spat out before realising. "I'm...I'm sorry," She heaved a sigh. She dropped the fork by the side of her food and got up from her seat.

She had many thoughts running through her mind. The thoughts that he hadn't forgiven her and he had something else in mind for her. She thought they were progressing and it hurt her to realise there was more she didn't know if and the fact that he denied being with anyone even with her presence hurt her the most.

"I want to leave," she spoke, taking her purse from the chair next to hers. Lanre was confused, he watched her with a confused expression on his face, in short of words as the skin between his eyes creased.

"You've barely...you've barely touched your food? Did something happen?" He asked her getting up from his seat.

Sewa exhaled deeply, then she swallowed an invisible lump in her throat. "Nothing is wrong," she forced a smile to her face. "I'm just suddenly stressed and sleepy," she lied, putting her lips in a straight line.

Lanre knew that wasn't the reason but he let it go. "Okay." He simply reply.

Just as they reached his car, Lanre finally let out what was been bothering. "Are you mad at me because of what I said earlier?" He asked taking Sewa by shocked. She never expected him to know that would hurt her and besides he wasn't obligated to her.

"Not at all," she lied, forcing a smile unto her face.

"Really? Okay then but I said I was with nobody because I didn't want to disturbed by anyone, it doesn't mean you are a nobody," he said hoping his words were reassuring enough.

Sewa melts on the inside by his words and she blushed. "I...it's..." She was obviously in short of words so she kept quiet.

"Can we see again once you and I have a free schedule?" He asked politely making Sewa remember the question she has been wanting to ask for a long time.

"Does this mean you...you have for-given me?" She asked, her eyes not leaving his as she patiently waited for his reply. Although her eyes never left his, her heart beat rapidly, sweat dripping off her as she held unto her clutch tightly.

Lanre smiled but said nothing in return. "It's...it's getting late. Let's go," he said making Sewa heart sink. Does this means, he hasn't forgiven me? She asked within herself as she get int the car.

The ride was painfully slow although he wasn't driving slow. None of them said nothing to one another. Sewa held unto the teddy bear in her hands tightly as she has different thoughts running through her mind.

"Sewa," Lanre voice snapped Sewa back to reality. "uhm," she answered, as she looked at him.

"Can we not take about the past?" He asked. Sewa was confused, she wondered how they were meant to move in if they avoided topics related to the past. She wanted assurance that he had forgiven her and they were both of the same page.

As Lanre drove down through the bridge that led to the second round-about in Obalende, Sewa told him to park and stop her. "I took you from your house, so it's only normal if I take you back," Lanre said.

"I...jut drop me here, I am actually going to get something somewhere," she lied.

"I can take you there," he offered to help but she shook her head. "I said it's fine. Just please." Lanre parked his car and she came down, muttering a goodbye and drive safe word to him before closing the door. She heaved a deep sigh as she began to walk back to okesuna street with the teddy bear in her hands.

"Surprise!" Denny, Lolade and her daughter all chorused once Sewa reached her door step. She was flabbergasted as she never expected them to come visit, in fact no one told her they were coming.

A smile crept to her face once she saw her daughter in the arms of her younger sister with a smile on her face. "Mummy!" Her daughter squealed. She rushed to hold her daughter, as she took her from her sisters arms.

She wrapped her arms around her daughter, patting her back lightly with joy in her heart. "My pearl," she whispered. She had missed her daughter so much, the sweet smell of her daughter was her greatest joy.

"Pearl you've dumped me as soon as you saw your mother right?" Lolade pouted making Denny giggle. "There is no one like a mother," Denny consoled lolade.

"How are you?" Sewa asked a daughter.

"I'm fine," she replied. Sewa kissed her on her cheek and forehead. "Mummy is it for me?" Her daughter named Pearl asked as she pointed at the teddy bear.

"See motherly love o, as if she knew her daughter was coming. Pearl you mummy can feel you already," Denny said as she took the teddy bear in her hand.

Sewa blushed, she didn't know her daughter was coming and the teddy bear was given to her by Lanre. She smiled as she nodded her head. "Do you like it?" Sewa asked her daughter and she nodded her head.

"Have it. It's yours," she said. Sewa moved forward to her door to open it and let them all in. "What brings you guys here unexpectedly?" Sewa asked.

"I took three days off because Pearl wanted to see you," Lolade explained. "And you Denny?" Sewa asked her.

"Sewa, there is gist!" Denny exclaimed making Sewa wonder. "Mummy, I want ice cream," Pearl requested. Pearls birthday is three months from now, she will turn three on the 16th of June.
"We will get it my dear, mummy is tired for now." Sewa said.

"You didn't go to work?" Lolade asked Sewa as she settled her bags on the floor. "No, why?" Sewa asked.

"Where are you coming from?" Lolade asked. Sewa turned around to look at her sister. She placed her hands on her hip before growing, "What's with all this investigation?" She asked.

"Sorry o, I was just asking na, simple question." Lolade defended herself.

Finally we get to meet Sewa's daughter named Pearl.

What is the gist Denny has for Sewa.

Next update will come soon, sorry for the delay. I'm trying to finish REGRET first before fully concentrating on this one.

Vote, comment and share.