40~ Just wow

Playlist for this chapter:  if I let you go by Westlife

As soon as the doctor finished attending to Sewa, he walked away. Sewa and Lanre stayed in silence as no one made an attempt to speak.

Sewa wanted to go home but she didn't have enough money on her other than the hundred naira note she had to take her back to Obalende.

Lanre had taken her to the hospital he worked located in Lekki. Redington hospital was one of the biggest hospital in Lagos state. She didn't have enough money to take her back home.

"I want to go home," she muttered.

"Go home then," he replied her. Her heart sank at his sarcastic reply. She took in a deep breath as she bowed her head.

She didn't know how to tell him she didn't have any money on her neither did she want to tell him.

"Now that I know you are alive and fine, i will leave you," he said to her turning to leave. Sewa stopped him, "You can't just leave me here," she muttered.

Lanre turned around to look at her with a questioning brow. "Where should I take you to then? Do you want me to fuck you or what?" He asked nonchalantly breaking her already shattered heart more.

His words cut her deep. She wondered how he had come to be so rude and blunt with words. Lanre was one who chose his words carefully but now he wasn't that Lanre she knew.

"I'm leaving," he stated firmly. Just as he turned around, she stopped him. "Take me back to where you took me from," she spoke.

Lanre clicked his tongue. "As you can see, I was on my way back home before you came in front of my car. I have better things to attend to, other than seeing your face!" He spat out.

"I also have things to do! You can't just leave me here and..." She trailed off looking for what to say to him that would convince him to take her to where he took her from.

"I can't walk as it is," she muttered. Lanre placed his hands in his pants pocket. "You can't walk? You want me to carry you on my arms like I did earlier?" He clicked his tongue.

Speaking to her just brought back memories of the past and it killed him to remember how she had broken him three years ago.

Looking at her face made him so disgusted as he remembered the image of she and the senator son. It killed him so much within him that he was wondering how he had lasted longer by her side without collapsing.

"Ola I..." Lanre harsh voice that cut her statement short made her flinch. "Don't you dare call me by that name!" He warned. "You lost that right three years ago," he pointed his index finger at her with a stoic expression on his face.

Sewa heart sank. She was angry he thought he was the only one hurting but she was too. It wasn't that she couldn't reply him but she was scared of hurting him more than she already did.

She couldn't blame him, he tried his very best to be the best boyfriend to her but all she did was give him lies and hid secrets from him in return. She really hurt him and that was why she couldn't bring herself to say words to him.

She took her purse, then forced herself to get off the bed. She began to limp as she walked out of the room. She has no one to call to come pick her up so she might as well begin to trek till she reached home.

She stood at the bus stop confused, not knowing where to take or how to move. Her legs hurt and the more she struggled to walk with it, the more it hurts. Tears streamed down her face as she stood at the bus stop. She wiped them off with her hands, then she sniffled a little.

The chilly wind grazed her skin sending goosebumps on them as she shivered lightly. It was cold and she was scared. She wondered why she had to meet him in a situation like this.

She began to walk through the path Lanre had come through. Walking all the way from lekki to Lagos island was a far distance, there was no way she'd be able to walk alone in the dark and the distance alone bothered her.

As she began to walk, a car drove by. She noticed the familair lexus Jeep which belonged to Lanre. He wound down his glasses then told her to get in.

Although she wanted to get in, she didn't want anymore of his insults. He had insulted her more than enough for the day. "I said to get in, it's late and I do not have enough time," he said to her but Sewa wasn't fazed by that.

"Then you can go!" She exclaimed clearly pained by the words he uses earlier. Lanre parked his car, he came out of it and walked towards Sewa.

"I said get into the car," he said to her sternly but she didn't listen so he forcefully carried her on his shoulder making her shout and hit him on his back.

"You are so annoying! Let me go!" She shouted.

"You annoy the hell out of me but I am not as heartless as you are, so let me drop you at your house and be at ease!" He retorted.

He forcefully placed her in his car, wore her seatbelt for her, then walked to the other side to get in. He took in a deep breath once he was seated, "I do not like your presence in my life but considering I hit you, I have to take responsibility so," he exhaled. "So do me a favour and keep quiet while I tolerate your presence."

"I also can't tolerate your presence so stop acting as if you are the only one enduring!" She spoke.

"Good, we are even," he said driving off.

After a while, Lanre reached Obalende and Sewa asked him to stop the car there. "Is this where you stay?" He asked her.

"Not really but I can find my way from here," she replied him.

"I said I would take you to your house, I wouldn't want to hear you suddenly couldnt walk and collapsed on the way, so until I see you safely go into your house, I won't let you go," he said.

His last statement melted her heart, but she knew he didn't mean it because he cared but because he wanted to be responsible.

"I said drop me here, I can walk and I don't need your help," she said slightly annoyed. She didn't want him to know where she lived not because she was ashamed but she just didn't want him.

"It's almost eleven, I know my way to my house," she added. She tried to get out of the car but he stopped her.

"Where do you live? Or is it that you have someone to serve tonight reason you don't want me to take your there?" He scoffed.

"I'm sure that's the only reason or else I see no reason why you will not want me to take you home."

Sewa shook her head, "Stop insinuating," she said firmly.

"Fine then, I shall show you the direction to my home," she said to him and began to direct him. Once he parked on the street of okesuna, he looked around with questions on his head.

He wondered why she was saying in a place like this. "What brings you here? Do you really stay here?" He asked her, still looking at the houses.

"Yes. I stay here and now that you've seen, can you please leave?" She asked.

"I will. I hope to not see you again," he said before entering his car and driving off. Sewa heaved a deep sigh.

Second update as promised.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Sewa and Lanre won't meet again?

Vote, comment and share.