49~ Adunni

Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness

Happy new months family 💟🎆

Two days passed since the arrival of Lolade, Denyefa and Pearl.  Sewa had not received a message or phone call from Lanre and as much as she tried not to be bothered by it, she couldn't help it.

She would check her message most times with happiness whenever her phone beeped but it was either the customer service or Farida that messaged her.

The smell of the scrambled eggs lolade was preparing for them to eat filled Sewa's nostril and she couldn't help but feel her stomach rumble. She was hungry but she had to wait to get food. She had just finished wearing pearl her clothes for the day before asking her to sit down on the bed while she waited for food.

"Lolade that egg will get burnt, please bring it here let's eat," Denyefa mumured. After the big revelation given to Sewa by Denyefa, Denyefa revealed her future plans to Sewa. They were both going to start a business together in Lagos State. Denny had no plans to go back to Port Harcourt after all she had no family there waiting for her.

She put her house on sale and was waiting for a buyer to come and patronize. "Why didn't you wake up early then cook?" Lolade retorted. Denyefa clicked her tongue, "The day your mouth will fall off is coming. Rude thing!" She muttered.

"Yours too will fall off. Come and eat my eggs with you mouth," Lolade threatened. Sewa watched back and forth the unnecessary bickers between Denyefa and Lolade. She was bothered and worried as to why Lanre hadn't messaged her yet. She began to feel bad that he must have forgotten her after all she was a nobody to him.
She thought of their last conversation and how he didn't reply her when she asked if he had forgiven her. The thought of it made her stomach churn.

Just when she thought everything was falling into place. She decided to text him after contemplating for some minutes, she was extremely bothered. She struggled with the buttons of her phone as she typed in a message; Hey, how have you been?

She didn't know the right words to use neither could she think of a better message to send to him. While she ate and fed her daughter, she wondered why she hadn't gotten a reply from him yet; maybe he had seen it and decided to ignore, she thought to herself.

The famous Nokia ring tone caught the attention of everyone in the room making them all heaved a deep sigh. "Sewa why are you still using this phone? I thought you have thrown it out!" Lolade complained.

Sewa ignored her as she stretched her hands forward to take her phone from where she was charging it. Lolade eyes lurked around as she stretched her neck to see who was calling her. Sewa noticed such actions from her and rolled her eyes at her. She moved a bit away from Lolade to see who the caller was and her heart flipped once she did. It was Lanre calling her and she wondered why.