33~ Starting afresh

Smile even in times of pain***************************************

***************************************

Sewa heaved a deep sigh as she looked through the internet for any job vacancy. The past few days has been hard for her as she wasn't eating as she normally does. She had to deprive herself of some things just to save money.

Lately she has been calling Lanre's phone but he wasn't answering neither returning any of her calls. She wondered if something happened to him because no matter how, he'd always call her back once he saw her missed calls.

"Sewa!" She heard her name being called. "Ma!" She replied, knowing it was her mother that had called her.

"Food is ready, come and eat," He mother said. She got up on her feet, closed the laptop she borrowed from Denny. She yawned and her stomach rumbled, she had not realised that she was hungry until now. She left her room to the kitchen to get food.

"Thank you ma," She said to her mother, collecting the plate that contained the jollof rice and fish. The smell filled and nostril that her stomach rumbled again reminding her that it needed food.

She sat down on the couch in the living room, while turning the television on before taking a spoonful of food in her mouth.

The time that appeared on the GOTV decoder made her aware of what she had to do. She was supposed to return Denny laptop by five. She didn't know it was getting late already as she was in her room sleeping until some hours ago when she got up to look for a job.

After finishing her food, she washed the plates, told her mother she needed to go out before leaving the house. She inhale and exhaled from the refreshing weather, the wind blowing grazed her skin as she inhaled it, she knew it was going to rain this night.

She stopped a tricycle and told him of her direction before getting in. She had gotten use to the life of driving a car that entering a tricycle felt odd for her. She felt like she was a princess suddenly stripped of everything overnight.

She entered domino pizza, expecting to see Denny waiting for her but it was the reverse. She sat down while she dialled Denny number to tell her she was already waiting for her.

After some minutes, Denny came and they ordered pizza. While waiting for it, they engaged themselves in little conversations. While they chatted, Sewa couldn't help but be bothered within her as she glanced at her button phone nokia from time to time to see if Lanre would call her.

That act had not gone unnoticed by Denny who called to her attention. "Are you expecting something or what? You've been glancing on your phone from time to time now, is something wrong?" Denny asked her.