59~ Farewell

Tunji paced back and forth

His hands in his pocket as he did so. He was trying to understand everything Adunni just told him.

He stopped in front of Adunni before he spoke, "You mean, my brother brought in a woman and went after the woman? I'm still confused."

Adunni sobbed silently, she had called Tunji when Lanre had left to tell him about everything that happened. Tunji rushed down to his brother's place to see for himself.

"It can't be Lanre. My brother doesn't pick up girls, he doesn't." Tunji didn't know how to explain to her that Lanre wasn't a man who chased after different skirts.

"I am telling you, she wasn't dressed like a prostitute or anything but he brought her to his place and his arms were around her," she explained.

Tunji face palmed himself, took in a deep breath and exhaled. "If you see the woman, would you recognize her?" Tunji asked her and she nodded her head.

Tunji knew that there was only one woman who could make his brother lose his senses and that was Sewa. There was no way Lanre would bring in any other woman if not Sewa.

He took out his phone from his pants pocket and searched on facebook. After a long while, he finally saw a picture of Sewa and he showed it to Adunni.

"Is she perhaps the one you saw?" He asked her. Adunni got up from the chair she was sitting on to take a closer look at the picture.

The skin between her brows creased as she tried to decipher if the girl earlier was the same in the picture. "This is her, the girl he brought earlier," she said after a short while.

Tunji felt like exploding. He couldn't believe Lanre had betrayed him by getting back with the woman who almost destroyed their relationship. He clenched his fist, trying to keep his temper at bay then he forced a smile to his face.

He didn't know how to console Adunni, nor did he know how to tell her, the lady she saw earlier was and probably still the love of his foolish younger brother's life.

"Who...is she?" Adunni stuttered, her heart fearing for the truth she knew not of.

Tunji inhaled and exhaled, he placed his palm on Adunni's arm and caressed them. "Do not worry, everything would be fine," he said, hoping his words were reassuring enough.

"Tell me, who is she?" Adunni demanded.

"Wow! I thought he hated her?" Adunni asked, after hearing Tunji's long story in summary.

"He doesn't. I just knew he didn't hate her. I came to realize something, he didn't hate her, he hated the fact she lied to him and the fact she couldn't be just his alone. He was hurt and broken."

"So...does this mean..." Adunni swallowed a painful lump in her throat. "Does this mean, he and I are impossible?" She asked, knowing the answer herself.